Home – New Forums Get productive Looking for a Australian small business ecommerce book

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    adrianadrian
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hello, friends.

I’m looking for a book on starting a small business in Australia that’s relatively recent (2012 onwards) and either focuses on or has a good detail on ecommerce. Have gone through the small business book shelf thread and haven’t found what I’m looking for. Any suggestions?

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Adrian,

I don’t have a suggestion myself, but thanks for joining us on Flying Solo!

Good luck.

Dave

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Two books I would recommend

Success Secrets for your Small Business by Peter Thorpe
    Flying Solo By Robert Gerrish Sam Leader and Peter Crocker

Now not only are these the Best books you will ever buy they compliment each other and between them you will have a very good understanding of small business.

Then apply this knowledge to ecommerce and you should be able to work that out for yourself

adrianadrian
    Up

Thanks to both of you! I’ll check out these books. Any more suggestions welcome.

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

I think because of the changing world of ecommerce you are better to search for recent articles and forums like this to discuss what others are doing.

By the time a book was written and published on ecommerce the game would have changed.

Starting a business, however, has fundamentals that remain fairly constant. I am sure you will be able to find plenty of information for that.

I would then suggest speaking to a professional to can advise you on the specifics that are related to the types of business you are planning.

Hope that helps

adrianadrian
    Up

Thanks for the tip, MissSassy. Do you have any suggestions on sites other than this to read?

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    adrianadrian, post: 182225 wrote:
    Thanks for the tip, MissSassy. Do you have any suggestions on sites other than this to read?

It depends what you actually want to know.

What are you attempting to do?

Get more sales on the current website?

Start a new website?

Capture more leads?

Do something with the leads you capture (ie turn them into sales).

I can direct you if I understand what you want to achieve.

Jenny

adrianadrian
    Up

I’m developing Android apps and am primarily looking for information on business structure and tax, although marketing strategy couldn’t hurt either (but this doesn’t need to be Australian-centric, unlike the other two). Any leads would be greatly appreciated!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.