Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Looking for a beginner-friendly ecommerce platform.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    CoreMelt
    • Total posts: 14
    Up
    ::
    Neil Robins, post: 239412, member: 71765 wrote:
    A simple solution when starting out is to use the free WordPress script with an e-commerce plugin. Easy to set up and use.

The problem with WordPress for beginners is the need to keep it updated and patched for security (unless you use a hosted and managed wordpress provider). You will get hacked if you don’t either learn this stuff or pay someone else to do it.

Chris68
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    LauraFisher, post: 239402, member: 40107 wrote:
    I love Square Space. Beautiful design, super simple. Heaps of great templates and super useful customer support. They have a high quality inbuilt commerce section, which I haven’t needed to use yet, but it looks good.

Personally, I think that your website is your shop front and that the design is almost as important as the products…. so squarespace is great because they have got that side covered.

Hi Laura. Thanks for the advice. I must say that SquareSpace looks very clean and minimal and the prices are reasonable, but I really would like something based in Australia with more personalised support. I think I’ve found it!

stapleton
    • Total posts: 17
    Up
    Chris68, post: 239453, member: 86645 wrote:
    Hi Laura. Thanks for the advice. I must say that SquareSpace looks very clean and minimal and the prices are reasonable, but I really would like something based in Australia with more personalised support. I think I’ve found it!

What have you found? Looking for the same thing.

Chris68
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Hi Stapleton. My apology for the delay getting back. I was put onto Spiffy Stores http://www.spiffystores.com.au by a colleague in my day job. It doesn’t have that complicated feel for non-techies like myself. Only about 6 templates to choose from, but they are good and more than adequate. The only downside is transaction fees. However, their support is more personalised. One thing I’ve realised is that I’m not a Neto or Shopify person when it comes to the support aspect. The support tickets took days to come back from Neto. Maybe you’re more patient than I am lol. Good luck :)

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.