Home – New Forums Find the help you need Looking for a CA mentor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    corso4589
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone.

I am working as an accountant in an Asian CPA accounting firm. I don’t have a Chartered Accountant colleague in our firm. My manager and managing director are CPAs. I cannot find a Chartered Accountant through my personal network.

I came to Sydney in the middle of January 2014 and began my accounting inernship in an accounting firm for half year. In June 2014, I got my current job. After careful research and consideration, I decided to choose CA as my professional path. Can anyone give me suggestions regarding finding a CA mentor? Or anybody is willing to be my CA mentor? I can provide my detailed situation regarding my current job to you.

Many Thanks

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Came across your post and saw you have not had many responses. I hope you have found your CA mentor, but just thought I suggest that just by having a coach could provide the same types of benefits. A coach helps to identify blocks, help solve problems, helps in setting goals and can help in keeping you accountable.

It might be worth trying and see if there is any value?

corso4589
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    Tony Manto, post: 209823 wrote:
    Came across your post and saw you have not had many responses. I hope you have found your CA mentor, but just thought I suggest that just by having a coach could provide the same types of benefits. A coach helps to identify blocks, help solve problems, helps in setting goals and can help in keeping you accountable.

It might be worth trying and see if there is any value?

Thank you for your suggestion Tony. I just found a Hong Kong CPA to be my CA mentor. One suggestion to those who are also looking for CA mentor: search the list regarding oversea accounting bodies which are recognised by CA Australia. That would be another way to search CA mentor.

Hope it helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.