Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events Looking for a mentor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mojos
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hi there,

Having two start ups in the service industry without working capital has been tough. I’m at a crossroads. Do I continue or not? I know they’ll work, they already are just not enough for family income yet. Ah, the timing.

Anyway, my work is quite solitary so I don’t know many industry contacts.

If anyone knows of a successful entrepreneur with experience in the service industry or anywhere for that matter and who would like to give a bloke a hand please let me know.

One of my businesses is a food van at a major housing development, the other is a home visit service in the pet industry.

Thank you

Dane

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

Hi Dane,

Perhaps put me to the bottom of the list of responses you get on here, my business is still young, so cannot say ‘successful’ yet.

But am always happy to share thoughts and ideas. We can chat via Skype or anything. Perhaps not quite what you were after, but I am not charging either :)

John C.
    • Total posts: 439
    Up

Hi Dane,

You don’t say where you’re located, but in Victoria the Government has a small business mentoring program. You get access to experienced business mentors at an affordable price. I’ve never used the service myself, but I’ve heard good things, so it may be worth a look if you’re in Victoria.

Good luck.

John

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Dane,

The isolation can be tough, can’t it.

There are usually people hanging around here though, so if you ever feel like a chat about anything please feel free to join in the conversations.

You’re also welcome to start a new thread asking any specific questions that you’d like to talk about.

All the best to you and your businesses,
    Jayne

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

baby steps. what made you do two start ups? Why not start with one and build up till it’s sold or self sustaining and then start another one?

What is your current to min income require ratio or percentage? Are you making only 40% of what is the bare acceptable minimum? How long did it take you? What have you put in (money and time) to get there?

What have you learnt along the way?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.