Home – New Forums Tech talk Looking for a way to quote, accept and manage design jobs online.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up
    ::

Hi all.

I can’t think of a great way to describe it and it probably won’t make any sense, but I’m looking for some kind of system that I can make my clients go to online to submit requests for quotes and jobs, which I can then respond to in my own time, and that will keep the clients updated of any progress and changes without me having to spend hours on the phone and writing emails.

The closest solutions I have found are help desk ticketing systems like Zendesk, but they are way more complex than I need.

I’m looking for a way to automate the interactions I have with my lesser valuable clients and remove other channels of communications so that I can focus my energy on the 20% that pay the bills, while keeping everything well organised.

DoigWebsiteTech
    Participant
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

Two I found are:

Both are reasonably priced.

Craig.Smith
    • Total posts: 167
    Up

Checkout Zoho Support, they have a nice package with a feature rich free version.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Just one thing, don’t assume it will stop the phone calls, and it may actually add additional overhead. It will all come down to client expectations.

I have seen these systems work really well, but also work really badly.

Customers may assume they have this thing which will keep them informed on how you are going, but from that they will assume that you also keep it updated, so will expect to see either online or email updates on a regular basis, so what ends up happening if they don’t see some update in what they consider a reasonable time, oops your phone or email will be ringing to say what’s happening. It will also depend on how much detail you include in the system. If you just say proceed to step 5, that’s another phone call, so you need to provide detailed updates..

So the tools can be good, but only if you put in the effort to keep it up to date on a regular basis, else they can give you bigger headaches.

And the sad thing it is the problem clients who currently ring you for updates (that 20%), will the ones waiting for the updates from your system, and if they don’t get the update or detailed update (which they understand), there goes your phone again, “”hey Bluepenguin what does it mean when you said xyz in your latest update””

good luck

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up

Hey Steve,
    I’ve been looking for something similar, the closest I’ve found is Planscope
    https://planscope.io/

It lets you plan a project in collaboration with a client, including phases, tasks, estimates, and then track progress of the project.

However, I actually use Asana, but that doesn’t have the budget/estimating functionality of planscope

John

jimmyrose
    • Total posts: 22
    Up

Hard to find good all-in-ones for this, but maybe a combination of a few things?

I personally use:

• QuoteRoller for quotes
    • Xero for invoicing
    • Toggl for time tracking (Harvest is also a great choice)
    • TeamWorkPM for projects – and giving the clients certain permissions (Trello, Asana, Basecamp are also good tools)
    • GetSqrl for client requests – this is fairly new and not perfect yet, but the concept is great
    Hatching_It
    • Total posts: 414
    Up

By chance I just came across this – https://www.avaza.com/

bluepenguin
    Up

Thanks for your help everyone, I’ll check out all of these suggestions.

To clarify, I’m not so much looking for a Swiss army knife solution to everything, just a portal clients can use to contact me through which will keep everything organised and help to streamline things. The aim is to win back the enormous amount of time I spend on the phone and writing emails, and to scare a few really high-maintenance, low-reward customers away.

bluepenguin
    Up
    Craig.Smith, post: 214740, member: 60545 wrote:
    Checkout Zoho Support, they have a nice package with a feature rich free version.

It looks like Zoho Support will be the winner. So far, it looks exactly like what I was after. Thanks for the suggestion.

It’s funny and there may be a lesson in here somewhere, but this was one of the first packages I came across in my initial research and I had a quick look and dismissed it because I didn’t like their horrible logo.

Ray53
    • Total posts: 35
    Up

I suggest you have a good look at http://www.fairgodeals.com
    and http://www.freelancer.com.au

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.