Home Forums Find the help you need Looking for advice to sell

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Clarebear211
    • Total posts: 2

Hi all, hoping I’ve come into the right area. I’m looking for some advice in possibly selling an online business. I’ve really enjoyed the start up, design, manufacturing, importing and selling side to it (well everything really) and I would love for it to be taken to another level. Having an interest in start ups, I’m keen to go again – not in competition. Keen on hearing how you would value the components of an online business to sell i.e. Site, manufacturing contacts etc? Many thanks!

John Romaine
    • Total posts: 1,104

I’ve sold online business ranging anywhere from $1,500 to $30,000.

I’ve sold all of them on Flippa.com

Best piece of advice I can give you is that you MUST know your numbers – traffic, revenue, costs etc

Sites usually sell at 12 months worth of revenue. For example, if your site is making $5,000 a month, you should be asking around $60,000.

This isnt always the case through. If your site is making a substantial amount of money $100,000 a month etc, then its open slather – ask what you want.

You’ll find the higher earning sites tend to attract much bigger bids.

PS

• Always use a contract.
    • Never “fudge” your numbers
    • Price realistically for an efficient sale
    Dave Gillen – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 2,542

Hi Clare,

Your online business is really a system for producing income, so as John says, it’s more about your bottom line than about the individual elements like website and contacts. Regardless of what you paid for them and the time you put into it, their value to the buyer is determined by the income they produce.

Other factors: Does it automatically make money or is there a lot of work involved? Try to sell to an existing similar business – familiarity with the products and business model will give them confidence they can make it work.

Good luck!
    Dave

Dave Gillen - Client Acquisition | Brisbane | (07) 3180 0288
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.