Home Forums Starting your journey Looking for an experienced Sales Agent to help with whole sales

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Yoav
    • Total posts: 13

Hi,

I have a small company that sells beach-related products.
    I sell mainly online and in a few shops and now looking to expand by a sales agent.
    Have been looking for a few months now but have found nothing.

Any ideas where to find one?
    TIA

Paul – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 3,121

Keep in mind too [USER=88493]@Yoav[/USER] that if you do find a good candidate that it is important to negotiate how much effort they will put into your sales vs other businesses they may be an Agent for.

Good luck

Yoav

Thank you Paul

businesstrade
    Participant
    • Total posts: 210
    Yoav, post: 267011, member: 88493 wrote:
    I have a small company that sells beach-related products.
    I sell mainly online and in a few shops and now looking to expand by a sales agent.
    TIA

Is it something you can push yourself? As the owner, you seem like you have it in a few stores already and have been doing it yourself.

Yoav

Not quite.
    As the business grows, I need to take care of other important aspects of the operations.
    In addition, I am not a sales person and sure that are experts in this field out there.

Getting into stores and do w/s requires lots of work and consistency, it’s not something you can do when you’re not totally into it.

I had an amazing Sales Agent who traveled between shops across Australia representing five different brands, that was perfect. Unfortunately, due to personal reasons she had to quit this job.

businesstrade
    Participant
    Yoav, post: 267038, member: 88493 wrote:
    Not quite.
    As the business grows, I need to take care of other important aspects of the operations.
    In addition, I am not a sales person and sure that are experts in this field out there.

Getting into stores and do w/s requires lots of work and consistency, it’s not something you can do when you’re not totally into it.

I had an amazing Sales Agent who traveled between shops across Australia representing five different brands, that was perfect. Unfortunately, due to personal reasons she had to quit this job.

Where are you advertising? Sales reps expect decent remuneration, especially competent ones. Perhaps by tweaking the adverts/the method of advertisement/remuneration package, you might get more people applying?

Yoav

Thanks for the tips.

Remuneration was never a problem. I am always happy to reward any employee as long as they deliver within their capabilities.

For your second point, this is the thing that I’m mainly struggling with. Not really sure where to publish except FB groups and trade affairs events.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

RunicConvenience
    • Total posts: 186

wait, so what about actual job sites? recruiter boards and freelancers? why did you go to a FB group and trade affair as the first option.

put a job application on seek or similar. cold email talent in linkedin. post to linkedin jobs. contact recruiters for sales focused roles.

basically googled hire sales reps and got one recruitment place

https://salesrecruit.com.au/sales-rep-recruiters-australia/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw5MLrBRClARIsAPG0WGykfdvGTwTTIC2og9VE-Zwn22UtVYNM5p05Xp_lF3xh0uE7FfurR-8aAhMrEALw_wcB

so overall should be a lot of options out their that would seem a lot “better” investments then FB groups or trade fairs.

businesstrade
    Participant
    Yoav, post: 267041, member: 88493 wrote:
    Thanks for the tips.

Remuneration was never a problem. I am always happy to reward any employee as long as they deliver within their capabilities.

For your second point, this is the thing that I’m mainly struggling with. Not really sure where to publish except FB groups and trade affairs events.

Any ideas?

Seek, Indeed, LinkedIn, ApplyDirect are like the biggest online portals for job seekers/employers looking for employees. If you’re not on one of those websites, it is probably the reason for the lack of interest. If you aren’t savvy enough to weed out potential employees yourself, perhaps look to find a recruitment agency.

I would say your current method of spreading the word about the job is not working, tweak that and you will get better results.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.