Home Forums Face-to-face meetups & events Looking for an investor/business partner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    brianna.mm
    • Total posts: 4

Hello everyone,

I’m currently in the process of signing onto a pre-school dance franchise that has been immensely successful in the United States. There is a huge market for a program such as this and it opens the doors to a variety of business opportunities. The franchise itself runs not only 18 month to 10 year old combination dance classes but also targets a larger demographic with adult fitness classes, school based programs, dance birthday parties and camps.
    Everything is formatted in terms of business plan, curriculum, manuals, facility outlays etc. This is an already trialed and known successful franchise that has several locations within the United States already but is yet to make the move down to Australia.

I have plans of starting with one location but eventually opening several locations throughout Melbourne, before looking state-wide (which is what the original business did).

My main issues is that I am a qualified Dance and Drama teacher (double degree in Education and Creative Arts) and ultimately am a primary and high school teacher. I have operated a business in the past but am keen to make this business as big as I know it can be and believe the best way of doing this is to bring on board someone with the business/marketing/financial knowledge. Although everything is provided in terms of licensing and consultation being a franchise, I am looking for a business partner/investor who can assist in funding the initial set up/development and who can work with me to on planning, management, execution of both short term goals to long term goals.

I am not entirely sure the best way of finding someone who has the knowledge I require and figured this was my way of networking with like minded individuals.

Feel free to write below or email me: brianna_mm@hotmail.com for further information.

Dave Gillen – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,543

Hi Brianna,

Sounds like you have a lot of plans, but I would be focusing relentlessly on the first thing first. That is getting ONE location running and successful. Focusing on this goal might help you decide on the coach/mentor/partner that you need for job #1. The next step (expansion) will then require quite a different skillset/coach/partner and it will also be much easier if you have a flourishing, growing business to prove your concept and your abilities to any investor.

Good luck!

Dave

Dave Gillen - Client Acquisition | Brisbane | (07) 3180 0288
    brianna.mm
    • Total posts: 4
    FS Forum Support, post: 219825, member: 49676 wrote:
    Hi Brianna,

Sounds like you have a lot of plans, but I would be focusing relentlessly on the first thing first. That is getting ONE location running and successful. Focusing on this goal might help you decide on the coach/mentor/partner that you need for job #1. The next step (expansion) will then require quite a different skillset/coach/partner and it will also be much easier if you have a flourishing, growing business to prove your concept and your abilities to any investor.

Good luck!

Dave

Thank you so much Dave. I really appreciate your feedback. I certainly agree with you. What would you advise in terms of finding a suitable coach/mentor/partner for the first step?

Dave Gillen – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,543

I’d find someone in a similar business or industry who has built or grown or managed a similar venture.

There are many different partnership options, so first decide what exactly you need to complement your skills (money vs someone to manage the place full time vs a marketing partnership), so then you can go looking for the right person.

I’d be talking to business savvy successful dance school owners who might be interested in expanding their business (or mentoring you). A pre-school dance franchise for example might partner with an older dance school for mutual benefit.

Dave

Dave Gillen - Client Acquisition | Brisbane | (07) 3180 0288
    Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,146

Hi Janus and welcome to the Flying Solo Forums!

It sounds like a wonderful opportunity for somebody to partner with somebody so well qualified.

Given the thread is now 9 months old, Brianna has probably moved on.

If you want to drop by the introductions thread and let us know about any part of your journey you would like to share, we would be thrilled.

Here is the part of the Forums where introductions are made:

http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/index.php?forums/new-here-share-your-story.28/

Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.