Home – New Forums Find the help you need Looking for an Online Business Advisor/Coach

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    WilliamSimpson
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    ::

Hi all!

I’m looking to connect with a business coach to help me bring a few entrepreneurial dreams to life.

The immediate dream in question is an online business designed to help people all over the world learn how to tap dance (using instructional videos). The product itself is well underway and on track for a launch late this year. It’s a passion project of mine, and while I hope that it will generate consistent income (and am working hard to ensure that it does) my primary motivation is to give people a useful product that they love.

I’m new to the Flying Solo community, but have been flying solo for years now. I would love to work with someone who I could bounce some business and marketing ideas off from time to time, who could listen to what I’m planning, provide their thoughts and advice to help steer me in the right direction. I’d like to work with someone passionate, energised and happy, who has experience in the world of e-commerce and online product launches.

I am based in Brisbane, and while it would be great to work with someone close by, I’m not necessarily glued to this idea.

In a nutshell, I seek happy and fulfilling long-term professional relationships with people who love their work.

If you’re interested in connecting, I’d love to hear from you!

Thanks for your time,
    William

GuestMember
    • Total posts: 318
    Up

Hi William. Welcome to the community! I look forward to seeing you around.

I may be able to help indirectly. Our platform matches people with advisors and mentors in the same industry. We don’t currently have someone in your industry but if you register (free), search for your industry (dance tutor?), it will say there are no matches. You can then opt to be ‘notified by email’ when one comes on board.

Two things, though, to make sure this is a good fit for you:
    1. I can’t promise how long it will take because different experts are coming on board at different times. If your needs are urgent, I won’t over-promise and risk under-delivering. But you could sign up in addition to looking elsewhere – nothing to lose.

2. You said ‘business coach’ and people think different things in relation to coach, advisor, consultant, mentor, etc. It’s actually a good discussion we’ve been having on another thread. You might be happy connecting with someone who is has owned a successful business but in a different industry, say, shoe shop, but they understand general business principles. Ours is exact matching.

Sounds an exciting venture and video is on the up (another discussion on the forum, actually. Under ‘Marketing’ > Video to be the next big thing, oh really?)

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi William

I am sure you will get plenty of replies, and naturally I would be happy to help you. All my details, prices and more are on my website and I can provide you with a 30minute no cost and no obligation session to see if you would like to work together.

Ideally whoever you choose will be a great fit for your business and be able to offer you an initial consultation so that you can get a feel for how they work and how they will help you to grow your business.

I have clients across Australia and the distance has never been an issue, have a look at my site and if you are interested I would love to hear from you.

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Hi William, finding a coach is easy but finding a coach that you contact with and can understand your vision and make it a reality is another. If you want to cut the mustard and work with a common sense coach, contact me.

carlgribble
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hi William

I just joined up to Flying Solo 5 mins ago, so apologies if my profile picture isn’t up. It sounds like you are working an interesting start-up. Delivering a service based business through an online delivery channel, is a tough start-up. One of the bigger challenges marketing your business will arise from the “intangible” nature of your service. Without physical premises, a consumer may suffer from a large degree of uncertainty about your offering, what it is, how it works… can tap dancing be indeed delivered successfully online? This may limit trial and adoption. For more information click here.

Of course the upside of your start-up is that you may “digitally disrupt” the tap dancing industry – globally… [URL=’http://(http://www.rba.gov.au/speeches/2014/sp-so-110614.html)’%5Dclick here for an article on digital disruption.[/URL]

I have been developing a new type of business coaching system for the past 18 months – one that is designed to digitally disrupt the business coaching and consultancy industry. So I think we share similar “marketing problem”. I’m currently looking to take on one new client.

I am also based in Brisbane – if you would like to meet up for a coffee, I’ll be more than happy to talk – our first coaching session free of charge. Please contact me here… [email protected]. I look forward to meeting up :)

Bruce Poling
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Hello William,

How did you go finding a coach?

PeopleMomentum
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Hi William, how did you go finding a coach. One of my team are certainly capable of helping.

We currently do a lot of online coaching through our online chat facility, email support, weekly digests/support articles, over the phone conferences and also online conferencing facilities.

We currently support many small business owners and leaders through remote support functionality, let me know and I will be happy to point you to one of my team.

Cheers,
    Jay
    Managing Director

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.