Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Looking for Best Avenue to Attract Prospects Cleaning Business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    simpocleaning
    • Total posts: 8
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,

We are a local commercial cleaning business in Sydney and currently looking for some advice on how to attract more clients.

Currently we are getting most of our contracts through referals from other clients already using our service. We’ve also picked up some clients via adwords and seo.

Our customer retention rate is very good since we can offer a good service due to having a low staff turnover since we pay all our staff properly which means we don’t have problems associated with othe cleaning companies such as consistency and cleaners suddenly not showing up.

Currently, we want to target other businesses for office cleaning contracts and I’m interested in other forms of marketing such as direct mail, social media, telemarketing etc

Looking for any advice on what works and what doesn’t before we make the investment. The name of our company is Simpo Cleaning

Thanks for your help

troysteele
    • Total posts: 26
    Up

I’ve always had office cleaners door knock us and provide a quote on the spot. Others would slip an offer (sometimes a quote) under the door.

simpocleaning
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Thanks for the tip. We are going to give the quote under the door a go.
    Also might try the door knocking, but problem is we don’t like to bother and pressure people. That is why we haven’t tried telemarketing until now.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Congratulations on your success so far.

I have used Adwords and SEO – the key with Adwords is appear in the first 3 ads – prefereably be the 1st Ad because the click through rate is exponentially higher the higher you are.

This is not only dependent on your bid price but also on your Q Score which in turn relates to your content.

I am interested in what others have experienced.

Cheers

businessguru
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

Door knocking is the fastest way. I mean this in a caring way but You need to get over the ‘mindset’ of ‘ not bothering people’ that is just self sabotaging yourself and your business. If you are good at what you do people require your services. Door knocking for cleaners is the fastest and cheapest way. Hire a sales rep to work on commission to door knock and quote. You need to shout your business at the top of the mountain for everyone to hear! Don’t ever apolgise for it! They don’t care! They want their business cleaned!

JohnGG
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

The age of cold telemarketing is dead.It’s OK for warm leads that you have warmed up by another means such as emails that were opened or lumpy snail mail.

As you’re a B2B, try LinkedIn to make contact with business owners in your area. Make a good profile and don’t push or spam your contacts. Anyone you make in contact with, ask if you can give them a call. Good luck!

businessguru
    Up

Hey John GG you need to be careful with comments like ‘cold telemarketing is dead’ that’s a very generalized statement and one that may not be accurate. I have built my business of 15 years on it and have suggested it for many of my clients. Yes it may not be right for some business genres but the commercial cleaning business it’s a great strategy and will generate cashflow quickly. Linkeldn maybe b2b but it is a very slow process and with your suggestion that he doesn’t sell (‘push or spam his contacts) it would be a very long time before this commercial cleaning starts making money. If I had a choose between linkeldn in or any social media and knocking on commercial businesses doors offering free commercial cleans I can tell you which one will generate me more busin ess faster. Its important we understand that different strategies work for different people and businesses. Please don’t take a offense this is not personal we just need to be accurate. Thanks

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    businessguru, post: 249431, member: 99181 wrote:
    knocking on commercial businesses doors offering free commercial cleans

We are all in business to make money, don’t give your services away for anything. Just MHO

businessguru
    Up

Again with respect that is a very general statement. The challenge is having been a coach for 15 years I have seen to many sme’s and solopreneurs close down within 12 months of opening because they do not make enough money. Why is that? They try the website, social media, subscriptions, advertising etc. But they don’t make enough money and they don’t make it quick enough. Most businesses are not unique in other words they are no different to their competitors so why would I buy from you or the commercial cleaner or anyone else for that matter if your product or service is the same as the next guy? Hence the massive failure rate. Interestingly enough you’re on this business platform and guess what…its FREE!! But it also has a strategy to upsell you in the future? And are they successful? Looks like it? So again be aware of throwing out general statements when I know for a fact that offering a ‘first free clean’ for this commercial cleaner could double and even triple his business very quickly. While other cleaners may have a ‘poor money mindset’ and not want to give anything away so they will sit and wait…and hope that the phone may ring one day! Goodluck.

lexisingh
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

According to me the best thing to do is to do Google AdWords for first few weeks and get the list of highly convertible keywords and then do proper SEO with those highly convertible keywords. Once you start appearing in the top 3 Ad section as well as in the 1st position organic rankings your site will be getting most number of clicks.

Also you can try email marketing as it is one of the cheapest way to generate leads these days.

Telemarketing depends on how much you would be able to make per lead and what is cost per lead. If you have high profit margin then you can try telemarketing.

Hope this helps to all the people looking to expand their business.

Best regards,
    Lexi Singh
    Unique Steam Cleaning
    http://www.uniquesteamcleaning.com.au/

CoastCommercialCleaning
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Word of mouth is best but we’re reasonably new and not yet well known.

About 90% of people who are looking for a product or service in Australia use Google. If someone is searching for your service you need to be visible in the search results; at least that’s my opinion.

Our Adwords campaigns are getting us most of our new business and at a very reasonable price too. The trick is to measure what’s working and whats not and progressively optimise your campaigns. I use a digital marketing company to do this for us.

I hope this helps.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    CoastCommercialCleaning, post: 252383, member: 101054 wrote:
    About 90% of people who are looking for a product or service in Australia use Google. .

Do they

heftzwecke
    • Total posts: 213
    Up

You write that you do pay your staff properly, why don’t you advertise with that? I’d rather employ someone who pays the staff properly!

CoastCommercialCleaning
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    bb1, post: 252398, member: 53375 wrote:
    Do they
    Thanks for the question; I should have been more clear. More than 90% of Australians using search engines choose Google to find what they’re looking for.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.