Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Looking for bookkeeping clients

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    leone.m
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hi

I haven’t been on here for ages, after having put my bookkeeping business plans on hold whilst looking after demanding baby (and a hubby that insisted on the ideal of supporting his wife & child). The demanding child is becoming less so, and the hubby has realised that we can’t afford for him to be so old fashioned.

Hence, I need to quickly get some clients for my business. I am a registered BAS agent, Advanced Diploma in Accounting with 20 years experience in the office, the last 10 as an accountant in various companies. I am not, however, very good at marketing myself and this is where I fall short. I have a website that my father build ages ago and I had him do a bit of revamping of it recently, much to his disgust as I don’t get much traffic to it so he saw it as a waste of time. I have a google adwords campaign running, and it does get a few hits per month, but I haven’t had any response in a long time. I think the last call I had was generated from a fellow soloist but I was unable to help her as she required on site work.

This last week I have sent some letters to accountants in the area and I am starting to go through the yellow pages to find different industries to send potential clients letters to. I plan to follow them up with a phone call in about a week, but I am unsure of what to say when I do that. The whole conversion of a client is scaring me a bit, but hopefully once I get a couple of calls under my belt, I will be more confident….

I was also thinking of sending doing some flyers, but understand that conversion rates are lower for this (used to do Herbalife years ago). I was thinking of targeting the local industrial estate for these. Any ideas on if this would work, wording etc?

Also, last week I registered with Quotify to get me 3 leads per month at a cost of $45 + gst. Has anyone had any experience with this and know if it works? I thought it might be a good way to get clients quicker.

Any feedback and advice would be most appreciated and welcome.

Leone Marziano – APIA
    CCBookkeeping
    http://www.ccbookkeeping.net

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Hi Leone – good on you for being brave and asking for help!

Firstly, a website is not a waste of time.
    Although yours needs work as it’s design is very poor and people like to look at something nice and clear and modern.*
    However, your information and services are clear.

I don’t know anything about Quotify. I like the idea of the industrial estates and putting a flyer there – but going in person to deliver it if possible. Make sure the wording on the flyer ‘solves a problem for them’. They need to know that their bookkeeping nightmares can be solved. Make it easy for them to contact you via a mobile.

What about a small weekly ad in the local paper Directory instead?

I’m sure you can do this – you sound like a very capable person.

All the best, Karen C.

* in terms of design, plain and simple for bookkeeping would be good – blue and white perhaps with a touch of another colour? Blue is considered dependable in colour psychology which is why accountants use it a lot.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Leone,

Welcome back to Flying Solo, and good on you for your positive attitude.

I hope Karen’s feedback and any extra ideas you receive is helpful to you.

All the best,
    Jayne

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.