Home – New Forums Money matters Looking for Business Advice/Accountant in Perth

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #987330
    • Total posts: 11,464

    Hi, I have looked through the directory but am a little confused about who we need to contact for advice, if an accountant would be able to help us with everything or if we need other help as well?

    We have an online retail store and will need to register for GST in the near future and possibly employ someone to help pack orders down the track. We are also thinking about changing our business structure from a partnership to a company but wanted some advice before making that decision. Currently we use MYOB but will be switching to Xero at EOFY and would like some help to make sure it is set up correctly from the start.

    Any recommendations would be appreciated, I am feeling a little lost at the moment. I’ve been in contact with our local small business centre but they were very generic with their advice, just giving us links to ASIC, ATO etc. which didn’t specifically answer any of my questions.

    Not fussed about location either as I am SOR and my business partner is NOR so one of us will be travelling anyway.


    Greg Mawer
    • Total posts: 46

    Hi T.I.A.,

    My firm can assist with registering for GST and the provision of advice regarding changing entity structure. We are located in Ardross.

    My firm has relationships with many bookkeepers around Perth. Accounting Hub can assist in the conversion from MYOB to Xero (on that note have you discussed with an accountant or bookkeeper which package is most appropriate for your business? I have been teaching Accounting Computer Packages at Curtin University for nearly a decade now, so if you need a review I am happy to help you decide which package is most appropriate).

    Link to Accounting Hub below:

    Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have any further questions.


    • Total posts: 1,255

    As Greg said you are really looking for an accountant.

    A business adviser can help you more with process and strategy than with specific accounting or legal advice, this is where an accountant or lawyer must be handy for all small business owners.

    An accountant will look after the EOFY, GST, company structure, etc

    If you are still looking for business advice in the future once your accounting is sorted – I am happy to help. We can look into strategies for your order handling and other efficiencies. We can look at short and long term goals, challenges and almost anything else you can think of when running a business.

    As mentioned above I always refer people directly to accounting or legal professionals as required.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.