Home – New Forums Starting your journey Looking for Business Mentor/Start-up Assistance

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rdavies1973
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    ::

Hi all

I introduced myself a few days ago and got some very positive responses and advice based on my goals.

From that advice (and discussions with family) I now have a plan for a plan.

My goal:

To start a short-course/tutoring business that focusses primarily on the electronic aspect of the Building Industry. i.e. teach relevant software packages (AutoCAD, Revit Architecture etc), with support tutoring for other aspects of Building Design etc.

As a side-burner, I will gain registration as a Building Designer (almost there) and do Building Design/Project management etc. The building design industry is cut-throat so I’m not going to make it #1 priority … but I still need to stay current and it will be nice to pick-and-choose projects if they become available.

Here’s the clincher … I already have a registered business/logo etc, but I need to know if there are any business advisors/mentors in or near the Altona, VIC region that could help me.

I need to cross t’s, dot i’s, and get the ground work completed so I can seriously look at launching this business at the start of 2015.

Face to face mentoring would be preferable and I’m not asking for nor expecting a free ride.

Any assistance or advice is much appreciated.

Rhys

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi Rhys

I am in Sydney but I work with several businesses bases in VIC and we simply meet over Skype. Works perfectly.

Quite a few of my clients are in the industry that you have mentioned so I would be more than happy to help.

I have a contact form on my website with a 30minute offer – hopefully I will hear from you.

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Hi Rhys, I too could offer you Skype and email help. I have built and helped many course designers and also run my own course, so I have a lot of experience in build, delivering and marketing courses.

Feel free to email me.

rdavies1973
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

Thank you to Tony and Miss Sassy for your replies.

I’m in the process of getting an idea of capital costs (mainly lease costs for an office, and the cost to acquire sufficient software licences). Once I have this info (hopefully in the next 2-3 days) I can make contact.

I’ve also just posted in the Sales/Marketing forum to find out how I can get a small sample audience to test my training packages before going into the deep end.

The idea to develop/test/refine/retest while sorting out the ‘big’ business aspects in the background. Once I’m satisfied I have a good product then I can get stuck in.

Rhys

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.