Home – New Forums Starting your journey Looking For Business Partner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lukemckenzie
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi guys,

I am in the process of launching a start up business in the Telecom industry off the back of 7 years of extensive experience. It is focused in on the SME market. I have already put together all plans and pricing after a lot of market research. I have finished the website but the one thing I am wanting moving forward is a business partner.

I am looking for someone that is switched on, that has some business and sales experience. But most of all someone that is looking for the right business opportunity to really sink their teeth into.

If anyone has any advice on where would bet the best place to look, or interested in finding out more about the opportunity just drop me a line.

Thanks,

Luke

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Luke,

Welcome to Flying Solo!

A tricky proposition indeed to attract the right person. My only advice is to be clear about what you need from this person, whether it’s money and strategy, sales experience and a full time pair of hands, 12 months to dedicate without salary, etc. This will allow you to get the attention of someone when they think “Hmm that sounds like me”. Also the size of the opportunity is relevant I think. Are you building a $100M business or just a nice cashflow for 2 people. Each will attract a different type of partner.

Best of luck and hope to see you around the forums. :)

Dave
    P.S. I’d be looking to your contacts in your industry – they’re more likely to appreciate the opportunity you’re creating.

NM Books
    • Total posts: 42
    Up

Hi Luke

You really need to be clear in your mind the kind of person you want to take on. You’ll be working closely with each other and need to have a similar mindset, work ethic etc. I would suggest a selection criteria so you can go through your candidates systematically.

You also need to specify what you bring to the partnership, your experience, your investment etc.

As Dave said, you will also need to be clear as to what you expect them to put into the business as this will attract vastly different people.

Lastly, the ‘what’s in it for them’, is important. You need to be clear about where your business proposition is going, what your vision is, and what each of you will get in return.

Hope this helps and best of luck!!
    Natasha

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.