Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Looking for clients (website build)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    heylouise
    Participant
    • Total posts: 86
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

While I know web design and development pretty well, much of my work history has been fixing little bits and projects for agencies under NDAs – so I have little in my portfolio aside from some really old websites, and some demo websites for fictional companies.

So I’m temporarily lowering my prices, and searching for FB groups and posting on their promo days. I know it’s not good to keep lowering your prices, but I’m not sure how to charge full price for something that only exists in theory…

The people I’d like to work with include bloggers, creatives, and coaches who work online.

I’d rather not look on Gumtree or Craigslist, because there are so many weird things going on there… I feel put off from those websites.

Also, I’d rather not go to generic business networking events… as I find I can be more authentic – and I think I’ll have more happiness and success, and provide better value around business owners who share interests and values with me – instead of trying to take a shotgun blast approach to anyone and everyone who could use a website. Don’t you agree?

Does anyone know where else I could be looking?

Or any suggestions on how I can approach this?

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

I think that if you are active in FB groups and forums like this and you offer genuine help to people, they may ask for help from you.

I feel having a framework around the results of what you deliver is important – ie, more customers, more profit is important vs “a website”.

Don’t worry too much about your prices as they are only relevant to a point in time.

This person lifted their prices x 10 over time.

Cheers

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up
    heylouise, post: 246635, member: 79034 wrote:
    Also, I’d rather not go to generic business networking events… as I find I can be more authentic – and I think I’ll have more happiness and success, and provide better value around business owners who share interests and values with me

I’ve found good value with the targeted meetups. You could look at meetups aimed at bloggers or creative types for example.
    e.g. https://www.meetup.com/en-AU/creative-entrepreneurs-sydney/

In my experience, the generic business ones tend to be full of bookkeepers, business consultants and web designers looking for clients. :D

George Hello Freedom
    • Total posts: 20
    Up

Have you come across Foxley before? I only know about it because a friend of mine works there. They help web designers find clients. Might be worth investigating to see if their packages could be helpful for you. https://foxley.com/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.