Home – New Forums Find the help you need Looking for established bookkeepers to trial outsourcing operation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mcboom
    • Total posts: 86
    Up
    ::

Hi I’m looking to trial an bookkeeping outsourcing operation. I have access to access to qualified accountants overseas and would like to work with an established bookkeeper(s) to trial replicating the data entry/bookkeeping process overseas. I will fund the setup of the overseas operation and facilitate the transfer of data between Australia and the overseas operation. There is a competent project manager based overseas who has international outsourcing experience who will oversea the data entry and report generation.
    The overseas operation will attempt to replicate the existing Australian operation and the two will work side by side. If the data entry and reports produced are accurate we can look at developing a joint venture whereby Australian bookkeepers can cut their data entry/report generation costs by utilising the outsourcing service and the bookkeepers can concentrate on drumming up more businesses and providing customer service.
    All data will be stored on secure servers with 24/7 access via the internet.

You can email me at [email protected] for more information.

Cheers
    -Marc

Accountix
    • Total posts: 33
    Up

Marc

I have been running my own bookkeeping practice for several years. During this time I have been contacted by several similiar bookkeeping operations in Australia outsourcing to India.

On all occasions, I listened to what they had to say but on all occasions it worked out far cheaper to do the work by my own staff using Banklink, than what it would have been to outsource to India. Yes outsourcing appears to save a few bucks an hour, but the data usually has to come from the client, to the bookkeeper, then faxed off to India thereby adding additional costs. In the end the double handling blows the hourly rate through the roof.

Then there is the problem if things going wrong. We all know what its like trying to deal with Indian call centres to resolve a mobile phone issues.

How is your proposal going to be different?

Are the overseas bookkeepers qualified to Australian standards. Do they all meet the standards to be registered BAs service providers?

Shane Holbeck – Accountix
    http://www.accountix.com.au

mcboom
    • Total posts: 86
    Up

Hi Shane
    Thanks for your reply. My value proposition differs in several ways.
    The data will be scanned and uploaded to a secure server by my office in Melbourne, saving the bookkeeper time and money as there is no faxing or double handling for the bookkeeper.
    The bookkeeping operation is not going to be based in India and as such there will be no call centre to deal with. You will be able to contact the bookkeeping operation directly via Skype or telephone with an experienced native English speaking contact handling all queries at the other end.
    My proposal offers a ‘risk free’ opportunity for a bookkeeper to trial the service before making any commitments.
    What I am looking for is more a partner than a client initially. I want to work with someone who can help refine the systems and provide feedback so that we can optimise the operation to maximise efficiency. In return the bookkeeper(s) we work with will receive a preferrred rate for the outsourcing service down the track.
    The staff overseas are not bookkeepers they are chartered accountants and will require some guidance from the bookkeepers which is why I am looking for someone who can work with us as a partner.
    Ultimately it is the Australian bookkeepers will be responsible for meeting all the Australian standards and BAS requirements.
    Please let me know if you have any other questions and feel free to make any suggestions.

Cheers
    Marc

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.