Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Looking for feedback on how website presents

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    nighttax
    • Total posts: 172
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone

I would appreciate your feedback on how a basic website, I built today, showcases domain names available for purchase.
    – Does it show the domains in a good way that makes them easy to read and see?
    – Do you think a normal business person looking for a good domain name would be happy to find and buy from such a site?
    – Is the domain extension (e.g. .com, .net, .is, .onl etc) as important or more important or less important than having a good English word that is typed in search engines like Google 100’s of thousands or even millions of times every month by people?

Thanks in advance http://www.DomainsCQ.com
    Evan

StuartL
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

When it comes to a domain name the most important thing imho is that it has to be memorable.

If someone sees it on the back of a bus will they still remember it by the time they get to look for it on their computer, tablet or phone?

Personally, if I’m shopping for a domain name, I want to see more information such as how long it has been registered and what it was last used for … but then I’m probably not “normal”.

And back when I got started online you owned a .com domain name or people didn’t think you were legit … even country extensions were considered to be risky … but these days no one worries about country extensions and more and more people don’t think twice about clicking on a link to a domain name with one of the latest extensions.

ILS_GUy
    • Total posts: 43
    Up

I am confused when I go to your NF25 site.
    As one who doesn’t trade in domain names I have no idea what your site is supposed to be for.
    Can I buy a domain for $1
    how can I pay for it
    what are the ongoing costs
    can I trust that the domain is yours to sell, ie how do I know that if I buy it I will be able to use it.
    How do I use it, ie what is the process of linking my newly purchased domain name to my existing site or the site I will build.

If your intent is to provide a market place for those that just trade domains then perhaps it will be fine, but if you are targeting business that are not usually in the business of trading names, but just want a name for their new site then you need to add heaps more info.

As far as the Vare site goes, it is much the same as above but in addition nothing seems to work yet. I cant click on any of the names or pictures and find out more details. I cant search, despite your top line saying I can

Corey
    • Total posts: 568
    Up

which website are looking for feedback?

Cheers
    Corey

nighttax
    Up
    StuartL, post: 246110, member: 92640 wrote:
    When it comes to a domain name the most important thing imho is that it has to be memorable.

If someone sees it on the back of a bus will they still remember it by the time they get to look for it on their computer, tablet or phone?

Personally, if I’m shopping for a domain name, I want to see more information such as how long it has been registered and what it was last used for … but then I’m probably not “normal”.

And back when I got started online you owned a .com domain name or people didn’t think you were legit … even country extensions were considered to be risky … but these days no one worries about country extensions and more and more people don’t think twice about clicking on a link to a domain name with one of the latest extensions.
    Thanks for the feedback Stuart – much appreciated – I just realised I left out the Domain name of the site I wanted feedback on. It’s http://www.DomainsCQ.com

nighttax
    Up
    Corey, post: 246122, member: 31331 wrote:
    which website are looking for feedback?

Cheers
    Corey
    Hi Corey
    Thanks for letting me know I forgot the most important part http://www.DomainsCQ.com

nighttax
    Up
    ILS_GUy, post: 246118, member: 93348 wrote:
    I am confused when I go to your NF25 site.
    As one who doesn’t trade in domain names I have no idea what your site is supposed to be for.
    Can I buy a domain for $1
    how can I pay for it
    what are the ongoing costs
    can I trust that the domain is yours to sell, ie how do I know that if I buy it I will be able to use it.
    How do I use it, ie what is the process of linking my newly purchased domain name to my existing site or the site I will build.

If your intent is to provide a market place for those that just trade domains then perhaps it will be fine, but if you are targeting business that are not usually in the business of trading names, but just want a name for their new site then you need to add heaps more info.

As far as the Vare site goes, it is much the same as above but in addition nothing seems to work yet. I cant click on any of the names or pictures and find out more details. I cant search, despite your top line saying I can
    Thanks for the feed back. The domain I wanted feedback on is http://www.domaincq.com but I appreciate your comments on the other 2 sites.
    Just in note – on Vare.com.au there is nothing at the top to suggest that if you click on any of the names you will be taken anywhere else. Also my office address and accounting firm email are on the bottom.
    Just a note – on NF25.com there are very large words in the middle of the home page that say it is a marketplace for Buying and selling of Domains, Websites and Apps. And at the bottom there is an About Us link that goes to a page that clearly – identifies me as the owner – why the site exists – All fees – and User Terms and Conditions. Not sure what else I could do.
    Thanks again Evan

Corey
    Up

Hiya,

Nothing is clickable, the price is hard to see or read, vital information like registrar & expiry dates are not available.

Have you considered using a Domain Name Portfolio script available @ http://www.dnsportfolio.com/

A live example of the script can be located at BrandRobo.com

Cheers
    Corey

nighttax
    Up

Hi Corey
    Thanks again for the feedback. Will try and address these concerns over coming days. I have tried to keep my sites very simple for the non-tech user just to be able to quickly see what is available without having to read lots of instructions. Everyone is busy and I guess I look at it from my point of view which is that after 2 degrees and being a tax agent that has endless ATO tax changes to read about – I just do not want to use a site that expects me to read and read and read before I can see what I want. That is not to say that is the right way it is just where my design comes from.
    Regards
    Evan

Corey
    Up

Hi Evan,

As a developer & domainer, for me, the most important factor is the ease of use for my site visitors.

Cheers
    Corey

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

I cant read the price, up the font size.

I am guessing I have to contact you to buy them, we are in the 21st century, how about a cart, etc.

Why should I buy them from you

No terms and conditions.

Just looks and feels dodgy,

bananababy.com.au
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

Looks like a dodgy website.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.