Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Looking for foot traffic data to optimise my in-store promotions

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    DanielHousener
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I have a retail shop and I’ve read some articles on how you can use foot traffic data in your local business to analyze and optimize your business. I’ve seen some foot traffic data providers but they seem to be more enterprise focussed. I just need basic data to see at what time of the day/ week my shop is most busy. I can use my POS data for that, but I’m mostly interested at what time nearby competitors having more or less foot traffic data. Using that data i can better optimize when to run my in-store promotions.

Does anybody know any services that might be able to help me with that?

DanielHousener
    Participant
    Up

Ok, meanwhile I found some options. I could hire some students to count visitors at my competitors’ store. This is most accurate but in the long-term costing me a lot.
    As an alternative, I found the web app BestTime.app . They provide foot traffic data forecasts for retail stores etc, but BestTime.app doesn’t provide absolute visitor numbers. This is accurate enough for me to see when my competitors have the most/ least amount of foot traffic. So far I can use the data for free using their demo.

Any other suggestions?

patrickjames
    Participant
    Up

Following the thread….

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Any other suggestions?

If you did a short-term physical count, could you use that to translate the app data into approx numbers over a longer period?

Dave

Edwin Clark
    Participant
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

I know one firm that provide these kind of services and most probably you can outsource them follow the link below for more information:

https://ititans.com/

morganacollin
    Participant
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

I don’t know if it’ll be of any help since it’s been a while since the question was asked, but I did remember a piece of technology developed by x brand (forgot what it was called but it was a sort of gofundme project) where they have embedded the numbers you’re looking for (i.e. foot traffic) into a CCTV set up. I’m sure a quick dive into Google searches will help you. Good luck!

John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up

When I was employed by local government they ran door counter software at each library branch for this very thing. Surely youd be able to find a low cost solution suitable to your needs?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.