Home – New Forums Logistics looking for manufacturers for my furniture designs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    joby
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

Hi, I’m a new member who is in the research phase of my business. I am looking to design and produce furniture and one of the big unknowns for me is the manufacturing stage.
    While I would prefer & welcome any advice regarding Australian manufacturers, I am concerned about keeping my prices competitive. I am looking to produce the furniture from renewable resources. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Joby,

Welcome to the gang!

Hope the answers you’re looking for turn up soon.

All the best to you and your new business,
    Jayne

Kim McFayden
    • Total posts: 30
    Up

Furniture manufacturers in Australia are becoming a rare breed as its so hard to compete with imports. Prices tend to be quite high. Most of the industry is making its own designs and wholesaling or retailing them. If you are looking to retail your designs it could be feasible. What kind of furniture pieces and price point are you looking to retail?

HealthyChart
    • Total posts: 20
    Up

Hi Joby,

FS is correct. You may want to consider approaching your local TAFE, to see if your furniture could be maufactured under some sort of training program.

Just a thought.

HealthyChart

joby
    Up
    KLM105, post: 50502 wrote:
    Furniture manufacturers in Australia are becoming a rare breed as its so hard to compete with imports. Prices tend to be quite high. Most of the industry is making its own designs and wholesaling or retailing them. If you are looking to retail your designs it could be feasible. What kind of furniture pieces and price point are you looking to retail?

Thanks for your response! I’m looking to make children’s table and chairs and are hoping for it to sell around the $400 mark. Does this sound possible?

joby
    Up
    HealthyChart, post: 50581 wrote:
    Hi Joby,

FS is correct. You may want to consider approaching your local TAFE, to see if your furniture could be maufactured under some sort of training program.

Just a thought.

HealthyChart

That is a great idea – I will look into that for sure! Thanks for all the input guys.

Furniture as it should be
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Hi Joby,

How are you doing?

I just read your message now, how are you going with your furniture business? I am living and working in Melbourne in the shipping company, my family has a big furniture factory in China and we design / manufacture our own products. I am now helping my family with export their furniture to Australia as I know the process of importing. We are happy to be just manufacturer as well if you have your own design.

Please let me know if you are interested. My email is [email protected]

Good luck with your business.

Best regards,
    Jessica

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.