Home – New Forums Find the help you need Looking for people to sell at Home and Camping Shows – great product!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    StubbyStrips
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    ::

First, have a look at our product at http://www.stubbystrip.com.au
    We’ve been online for about 6 months and sales were okay. Then I did a weekend at the Adelaide Home Show and sold over $4000 worth of product in 3 days!
    Clearly Stubby Strips sell exceptionally well in demonstration environments like Home and Camping shows etc. It’s caused me to rethink my business model. What I’d like to do now is develop a network of agents across Australia who sell at Camping shows etc. If you think this might be for you, or know someone who might be interested contact me: [email protected]

James
    Participant
    • Total posts: 268
    Up

Hi Brett,

I spotted your link somewhere else on here recently and I’m a huge fan of the product.

I always like seeing something that is genuinely new and different. It’s rare to truly invent something these days.

Great to hear that your sales are exploding in a demo environment. Seems like a great idea to target these trade shows.

Truth be told I think you could be doing better online. Such a unique product should definitely be popular as a gift.

You should certainly get yourself on every social network known to man and post the video and photos. People respond to visual content on most of them, especially Pinterest. Also get on Fancy (https://www.thefancy.com/) it has a pretty perfect following.

Get an infographic made up of how it folds and unfolds – kind of like origami instructions and share that as well.

Most of all I think you need to get this in the press. There are plenty of places that will feature this including Uncrate – http://uncrate.com/. Get a nice press release done up with graphics and video included and shift it out to as many people as possible through PRweb. Most of the mens printed publications will also want to feature it.

If you wanted to start going global, you should also do some research into Kickstarter campaigns. This kind of invention is absolute gold for that environment and would give you a healthy kick of money to get an international shipping network going + a new international website. It might just need some rebranding as stubby is probably a local term.

Anyway, apologies for going off-topic. You have probably already investigated most of these but just wanted to throw some thoughts in.

dangaff
    • Total posts: 244
    Up

Awesome product mate. – I reckon you could seriously hit up the US market with this.

Email me at: [email protected]
    Lets talk wholesale/group order rates!

Stubbysounds
    • Total posts: 19
    Up

Hi Brett,
    Just wondering how you went with your trade show idea and the other ideas thrown your way? I have a new product that would have a similar market, and have been having the same issue finding the right distribution method. http://www.stubbysounds.com.au – my product is a recordable stubby holder – the user records a message and that message will play each time that a drink is placed in the holder!

Would love to hear of any inroads you made!

Cheers
    Karen

StubbyStrips
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

Hi Karen,
    Shows etc have been going well. We sold about $18,000 at the Adelaide Show so I think its worth the risk of trying a Home Show or something similar. It is probably my least favoured and most effective business model.
    On the bright side I think I have just worked out a deal to onsell Stubby Strips to a consortium who do every Show across Australia… so if this works out I’ll get a smaller cut of a larger pie.
    You’ve got a really good looking web site by the way, Kudos.
    Brett

Stubbysounds
    • Total posts: 19
    Up
    StubbyStrips, post: 176279 wrote:
    Hi Karen,
    Shows etc have been going well. We sold about $18,000 at the Adelaide Show so I think its worth the risk of trying a Home Show or something similar. It is probably my least favoured and most effective business model.
    On the bright side I think I have just worked out a deal to onsell Stubby Strips to a consortium who do every Show across Australia… so if this works out I’ll get a smaller cut of a larger pie.
    You’ve got a really good looking web site by the way, Kudos.
    Brett

Hi Brett!
    That’s great… good work! I hope the consortium works out for you… it is the dream of every entrepreneur that their business can make money without large inputs of time and effort from themselves. You’ve got a great product… hope it continues to grow and prosper.

Cheers
    Karen

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.