Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Looking for small run off shore clothing production

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Mamamee
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,
    It’s great to find such a site and I’m excited to be involved! I have an online business where I sell beautiful breastfeeding dresses that I design and currently manufacture here in Australia. We’ve been going for just over a year and have incredible support from the leading pregnancy mags and many retailers wanting to stock my dresses but my profit margin does not allow me to wholesale. This is the next step for me so am looking to find an off shore manufacturer that can do high quality production of small runs for our custom designed pieces – patterns digitised and ready to go! After much research and time I am still seeking this elusive information…
    Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Melinda

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Melinda,

What an exciting time for you. I hope you find some good contacts here.

I’ll be interested to learn how it all turns out for you.

Welcome to the forum, too :)
    Jayne

SheInspires
    • Total posts: 247
    Up

Hey there,

Well done with getting your new business up and going and having the magazines supporting your efforts.

A few months ago there was a really good discussion about manufacturing in China – a very practical and real life experience point of view. I think one of the participants in it was getting bottles (?) made and another clothing. I’m sorry to be vague about the details, I just remember finding the amount of information being shared to be particularly generous and would save someone starting out a lot of time and money.

So maybe do a search through the archieves on off-shore manufacturing posts? Jayne, do you remember the discussion?

All the best,
    Belinda

Anonymous
    Up

Hi Melinda,

I think Belinda (SheInspires) is talking about this thread:
    http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/working-smarter/1796-small-business-childrens-baby-clothing-label.html

It has some great tips in it, so I hope you find it helpful.

Jayne

SheInspires
    • Total posts: 247
    Up

Thanks Jayne, I think that’s the one. :)

Mamamee
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Many thanks everyone! I’ll head straight there and have a look

Side note – Great name SheInspires!

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

http://www.thebalifactory.com

Owned by an Aussie and will produce anything you are after

Petemac
    • Total posts: 171
    Up

Hi Melinda, I have a client who is based in Australia but owns a clothing factory in China that may be able to assist.

Myles West from BME Group, [email protected] just let him know you have been talking with Pete from Inxpress.

Cheers

Anonymous
    Up

Hi Miss Sassy and Peter,

Just a heads up that this thread is nearly three years old now, so the original poster has probably already found the supplier they’re looking for.

Cheers,
    Jayne

emwell
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    Mamamee, post: 67802 wrote:
    Hi everyone,
    It’s great to find such a site and I’m excited to be involved! I have an online business where I sell beautiful breastfeeding dresses that I design and currently manufacture here in Australia. We’ve been going for just over a year and have incredible support from the leading pregnancy mags and many retailers wanting to stock my dresses but my profit margin does not allow me to wholesale. This is the next step for me so am looking to find an off shore manufacturer that can do high quality production of small runs for our custom designed pieces – patterns digitised and ready to go! After much research and time I am still seeking this elusive information…

Melinda

Hi Melinda, I am looking to start a new clothing business, I am at the research stage, I am looking for a factory in Australia that can do small runs.
    Are you able to get me in contact with the factory you are currently using in Australia? I would really appreciate your help, I am really struggling to find a factory that can do small runs.
    If you can get in contact with me via email: [email protected]

Thank you for your help

Anonymous
    Up

Hi Emma,

Melinda originally started this thread back in 2011, so I’m not sure she’s around any more, but there may be others here who can make recommendations for you.

If you could please add some info to this thread explaining what you need made, I think you’ll find that you’ll get more helpful responses.

Thanks in advance, and welcome to Flying Solo :)
    Jayne

emwell
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    FS Concierge, post: 209102 wrote:
    Hi Emma,

Melinda originally started this thread back in 2011, so I’m not sure she’s around any more, but there may be others here who can make recommendations for you.

If you could please add some info to this thread explaining what you need made, I think you’ll find that you’ll get more helpful responses.

Thanks in advance, and welcome to Flying Solo :)
    Jayne

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to start a women’s fashion line, I am looking for somewhere in Australia or overseas that I can get small runs made, looking for 50units per style or less to start with. I am having a lot of trouble getting contacts.

Please let me know if you can help me….

Thank-you

Anonymous
    Up

Thanks Emma :)

If you haven’t already done so, a good place to start is by using the forum search function (in the grey bar above the forum) and entering terms such as fashion, clothes and clothing.

This is a topic that comes up often around here, so you may just find some good leads.

Best of luck,
    Jayne

vanelsenc
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    Mamamee, post: 67802 wrote:
    Hi everyone,

Melinda

Hi Melinda, I am a new designer, I have pure silk kaftans with embellishments that may be suitable for your fashion business. My kaftans are designed and final finished in Australia and made in India. You can view my collection n my websit…corinavanelsen.com.au.. kaftans are also fabulous for pregnant women. I’ve only just started this business too. My kaftans were showcased at the Italian Carnevale and Clipsal ladies lunch last month..
    Hope to hear from you soon. And all the best with your new venture.

Kind regards,
    Corina van Elsen

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.