Home – New Forums Find the help you need Looking for SME business owners to comment for articles

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bondi_write away
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi there,

I’m new to the forum. I’m a freelance journalist who writes for a number of online news websites – I’ve been commissioned to write a couple of short SME articles for a major telco’s website and it would be great to get original comment from business owners who have experience in dealing with issues faced by SME’s starting out – and who also want to get some free publicity and raised profile :)

The two articles I’m looking for specifically deal with employing and managing staff and are:

1/ What to look for when recruiting a sales person – and how do you go about it?

2/ Getting HR right, what as a small business owner you have to do (as well as should) when employing staff.

Please PM me and we can arrange a time to chat/interview.

Cheers,

Ben

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Great to have you here, Ben.

I’ve no doubt you’ll get some fine responses…we’ll keep an eye out for the ‘Flying Solo forums’ mention in your articles!

Er, just kidding, we’re always happy to assist.

Robert ;)

adougie
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hi Ben,

What a can of worms you can potentially open with your sales person question but I love it as this topic is my passion.

It entirely depends on your business requirements and getting a good cultural fit as much as finding a top performer. If your goals aren’t aligned with the sales person you employ/contract then even a top performer may struggle.

Happy to contribute in any way if required

Adam

bondi_write away, post: 128926 wrote:
    Hi there,

I’m new to the forum. I’m a freelance journalist who writes for a number of online news websites – I’ve been commissioned to write a couple of short SME articles for a major telco’s website and it would be great to get original comment from business owners who have experience in dealing with issues faced by SME’s starting out – and who also want to get some free publicity and raised profile :)

The two articles I’m looking for specifically deal with employing and managing staff and are:

1/ What to look for when recruiting a sales person – and how do you go about it?

2/ Getting HR right, what as a small business owner you have to do (as well as should) when employing staff.

Please PM me and we can arrange a time to chat/interview.

Cheers,

Ben

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.