Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Looking for some opinions on our new site!

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #990782
    EcommerceTools
    Member
    • Total posts: 24
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi all,

    I have recently sold up and moved on from my last eCommerce venture and decided to move into back-end development and also providing free 1-on-1 consultations for new online business owners.

    Our first two products are in the late stages of development so we aren’t up and running yet, but let me know what you guys think of the site!

    http://www.ecommercetools.co/

    Thanks,
    Nick

    #1178571
    Craig.Smith
    Member
    • Total posts: 167
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Nick,

    Good job on the website, a few comments (tested in Chrome/Win7):

    1) Header has alignment and sizing issues in various responsive sizes
    2) Your homepage magnet is difficult to read with the choice of a dull background colour with the thin white font used
    3) I find the font for all your headings “Raleway” is hard to read. I would choose something which is bolder and easier to read.
    4) The website is pretty light on content, the product pages could be redesigned to make it easy for readers to skim the information. Also need to review the call to action as to what you want your reader to do. I would presume you need to promote the fact there is a free trial to encourage signups.

    Good luck with it,
    Craig.

    #1178572
    John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up
    0
    ::

    I haven’t looked at the site yet, but wanted to ask….why did you choose a .co domain?

    #1178573
    EcommerceTools
    Member
    • Total posts: 24
    Up
    0
    ::
    John Romaine, post: 207949 wrote:
    I haven’t looked at the site yet, but wanted to ask….why did you choose a .co domain?

    We went for a .co simply because that was the best domain that the actual name ecommercetools was available in. It is short, concise and pretty well backed by other websites like Vine, Twitter, Virgin and loads of other cool creative companies.

    Special deals and networking events are also organised for .co domain owners which was another draw for us.

    But really it boils down to we wanted ecommercetools.com but we settled with dropping the ‘m’

    #1178574
    MatthewKeath
    Member
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    0
    ::
    EcommerceTools, post: 207939 wrote:
    Hi all,

    I have recently sold up and moved on from my last eCommerce venture and decided to move into back-end development and also providing free 1-on-1 consultations for new online business owners.

    Our first two products are in the late stages of development so we aren’t up and running yet, but let me know what you guys think of the site!

    http://www.ecommercetools.co/

    Thanks,
    NickLooks ok, but maybe the headline needs to clarify what you do a bit more.

    Agree with comments on the text colour. I can barely read it.

    The WooCommerce conversion tool looks cool. Will keep it in mind.

    Where are you located mate?

    #1178575
    Byron Trzeciak
    Participant
    • Total posts: 423
    Up
    0
    ::

    Overall on first glance at the site it looks quite nice but what really bugs me is the counters that you have on the page.

    My reading of it was that you’d had 32 cups of coffee and made 2 plugins? To me that makes me think you’re a coffee addict and you’re not necessarily getting huge amount of work or when you do you’re taking your time drinking coffee instead.

    I know that’s not the case but i just think these kind of things send all the wrong messages and they’re only clever for the person who put them there. You’d be better showing some testimonials or highlight some of the plugins you’ve already created and what they did in a brief summary. Everything you put on the page should have a purpose which is to convert visitors into customers. If it’s not doing that then i’d reconsider it.

    #1178576
    MatthewKeath
    Member
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    0
    ::
    Byron Trzeciak, post: 208176 wrote:
    Overall on first glance at the site it looks quite nice but what really bugs me is the counters that you have on the page.

    My reading of it was that you’d had 32 cups of coffee and made 2 plugins? To me that makes me think you’re a coffee addict and you’re not necessarily getting huge amount of work or when you do you’re taking your time drinking coffee instead.

    I know that’s not the case but i just think these kind of things send all the wrong messages and they’re only clever for the person who put them there. You’d be better showing some testimonials or highlight some of the plugins you’ve already created and what they did in a brief summary. Everything you put on the page should have a purpose which is to convert visitors into customers. If it’s not doing that then i’d reconsider it.Agreed. I guess he is trying to ‘quirkify’ his site to make it more human but it’s a fine line.

    At least he didn’t go down route of ranking his skills like I have seen done with that particular theme.

    Web design 90%
    Web development 85%
    UI design 78%

    LOL – why on earth are they suggesting their not great at something!

    #1178577
    ThexArm
    Member
    • Total posts: 253
    Up
    0
    ::

    Lol I think they may be saying they had 32 one to one meetings? Since its powered by tea!!!

    #1178578
    IncredibleCo
    Member
    • Total posts: 406
    Up
    0
    ::
    John Romaine, post: 207949 wrote:
    I haven’t looked at the site yet, but wanted to ask….why did you choose a .co domain?

    I so wanted incredible.co for my domain name. Someone stole it first tho bah!

    Personally I think building modules and widgets for WordPress would be a difficult game to get in. There’s already thousands of others doing it. Don’t get me wrong – yours looks quality. But still – good luck standing above the crowd.

    – Phil.

    #1178579
    Adam G
    Member
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    0
    ::

    I really enjoyed your site – #1 – It was very well laid out. #2. Very easy to navigate. #3. I feel like it directly targets the people you want it to be.

    Great work – Inspiring.

    Adam G

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.