Home – New Forums Find the help you need Looking for web designer to create ECommerce Site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    TF
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi
    We are looking at developing an eCommerce site. I’m not completely tech savy but so far the things we are looking for are
    – either Magento or BigCommerce
    – CMS that allows us to update and upload products ourselves
    – a blog or events page to share local information and events
    – The ability to be found by Google and other search engines
    – Multiple payment option including PayPal and Credit Card (not via PayPal)
    – Appropriate Security certificates
    – Ability to have at least 5 emails
    – Future plan to link to Ebay Store
    – Social media links
    – Mobile Friendly
    – Discount and gift voucher codes
    – Multiple postage options
    – Multiple currencies would be nice but not a deal breaker.
    – Fast load time and easy customer use
    – Ability to create a customer database with order history

That’s all i can think of at the moment. Any help/recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time :-)

BenAtherton
    • Total posts: 60
    Up

Hi There,

is there any particular reason why you want to use Magneto or BigCommerce?

I have built a heap of ecommerce sites that cover all the features in your list using WordPress, which is the most popular CMS out there.

feel free to get in touch should you wish to chat further about your options.

cheers,

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

If your still looking we could do all that and more in WP (as mentioned by Ben) or in magneto. Happy to show you examples of both that we have done recently.

Price for that? Your looking at around 2k from us.

Duncan

BenAtherton
    • Total posts: 60
    Up

Around $1999 from us. hahaha!

Seriously though around $2k is on the mark TF.

AlvinLal
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Hello,

Magento is a really robust ecommerce application, and there are a lot of cool features included, however it can have a really steep learning curve. There are many good alternatives as well. If you are in Sydney area, pm me, we can provide you with more information.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    BenAtherton, post: 209583 wrote:
    Around $1999 from us. hahaha!

Seriously though around $2k is on the mark TF.Can’t match those pricing I am afraid…

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 209640 wrote:
    Can’t match those pricing I am afraid…

Always comes down to $$$ for some, for others its quality, for others its proven track record.. Those quoted prices of around $2k seem nice, although from an outsider non web guy the request looks like it has lots in it with additional plugin requirements (i count about $500-700 just in plugins and appropriate SSL costs) as well as asking for it to include hosting (although not stated, asks for 5 emails + SSL which has the implication)…

Not sure how web guys/gals can create all that for that budget, maybe using generic back ends or templates and maybe dont customise like some do..

Sorry for butting into the chat, i am often intrigued by the web comments and requests for developers on here as its almost like how long is a piece of string.. easy to sell someone on doing a web site (well maybe not that easy) on a budget, rather than what someone truly needs instead :(

Good luck TF, and this is not a comment against anyone on this post or in this forum, although ensure you ‘interview’ your web person of choice and DONT just make it about price as this may come back to haunt you… Trust me.

Cheers
    Jason

ps.. how’d we get onto price anyways, dont see it being asked for in the initial post.. LOL

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    MichaelDigital
    • Total posts: 140
    Up

It is always a bit awkward presenting an offer on a forum…everyone jostles for position and it becomes a real bun-fight ;)

Look, you need those features, they are not a problem, every shopping cart system enables these very common features. You could go for a ‘done for you’ package, which actually is a good option these days, Shopify, Volusion have it all laid out for you – you just enter your details and take your place on the escalator…but you don’t own the asset, and they can shut you down in a second if they don’t like you.

Your fully owned web store is definitely the way to go, and putting it together like a well oiled piece of kit is very do-able. A premium quality, efficient marketing machine, with shipping, payment processing and customer email data base with auto-responder capabilities, and importantly a Help Desk module for customer care and support and technical support for you the owner – together with premium quality hosting, lightning fast, scalable – depends what you are in the game to do, save money or make it work and build a real business – 3K, just let me know if you want to get started.
    [email protected]

iWebDev
    • Total posts: 23
    Up

E-Commerce sites are really easy to set up using WordPress and a few plugins. The iWebDev team can help and as a small business can help keep costs down, visit http://www.iwebdev.com.au or contact [email protected] for more information. We can create an awesome website with online shopping cart for a low price of $1500 for small business and start ups.

Thanks,
    iWeb Dev

djackway
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Hi

We offer WordPress & Woocommerce website or Magento websites starting from $1200 depending on customization, data entry for products, training for use of the applications if needed.

Feel free to PM me or contact me at [email protected] or you can go directly to our website to preview some of our work and contact us directly from their.

Best Of Luck and hope to hear fromyou soon.

Cheers
    Darryl

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    djackway, post: 211976 wrote:
    Hi

We offer WordPress & Woocommerce website or Magento websites starting from $1200 depending on customization, data entry for products, training for use of the applications if needed.

Feel free to PM me or contact me at [email protected] or you can go directly to our website to preview some of our work and contact us directly from their.

Best Of Luck and hope to hear fromyou soon.

Cheers
    DarrylHi mate, you site seems broken.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up

Always find it funny how a request for assistance in the form of recommendations or input turns into the brandishing of quotes etc etc

On face value, help is being asked for in order to prepare oneself for the impending decisions that need to be made. Personally I think a simple reply to the OP comment would suffice and I am sure, as long as all your signaturea and sites are up to scratch, they may look into getting in touch with some of you ;)

Maybe take a leap from one of the FS regular web guys and simply provide some awesome input to get a potential client and build up ones reputation (not saying you aren’t an option, knowledgable or awesome gurus in your field at all) to the post.

Just saying
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    djackway
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

@matthewkeath

Hi Matthew

Just check its all fine on my browser.

Thanks

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    djackway, post: 211985 wrote:
    @matthewkeath

Hi Matthew

Just check its all fine on my browser.

Thanks

Yeah I can see your web site, albeit looking on the iPhone and the images appeared to overlap some text and was hard to see some of the images (or scroll through them)…

Query as well, if I may? Is that Google adwords on your site? Does this earn you a lot (not asking for figures) just curious of what you can earn as opposed to the potential negative impact of selling adds on your site – especially being a web design co?

Love to hear your insight on this as it’s always perplexed me a little with benefit receiced by adds vs image of people visiting your (a) site.

Cheers
    Jason

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    HarryLuke Logistics, post: 211982 wrote:
    Always find it funny how a request for assistance in the form of recommendations or input turns into the brandishing of quotes etc etc

On face value, help is being asked for in order to prepare oneself for the impending decisions that need to be made. Personally I think a simple reply to the OP comment would suffice and I am sure, as long as all your signaturea and sites are up to scratch, they may look into getting in touch with some of you ;)

Maybe take a leap from one of the FS regular web guys and simply provide some awesome input to get a potential client and build up ones reputation (not saying you aren’t claubale, knowledgable or awesome gurus in your field at all) to the post.

Just saying
    Jason

Interesting comment jason, its interesting how anyone can give a reasonable quote based on some very high level user requirements. really the only requirements provided are saying what ability is required. Just to pick up on one of the requirements, “Fast load time and easy customer use”, wow the costing on that in itself could vary depending on what the client considers Fast load time and ease of use. My view on that could be load times of 1 second, whereas you could be thinking 3, My ease of use could be different to yours, so straight away there is one user requirement that needs to be specified and agreed on before providing a quotation.

Future plan to link to Ebay, ok has quotee one included this but quotee 2 hasnt.

Mobile friendly, just how mobile friendly

thats like me giving a quote over the phone from someone who rings and says can you landscape my garden I want some plants in that corner. a retaining wall over there, and establish some lawn in the middle. I need some more detailed users requirements before I even provide an estimate, how many plants, how big an area, how, how how.

Little wonder we get a lot of comments on here and other places that my service provider (not just web, thats any business, mine included), just did not deliver what I asked for. Because business’s dont get detailed enough user requirements before throwing around $’s.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.