Home – New Forums Find the help you need Looking for yoga bag sample maker & pattern maker Melbourne

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    annaleigh
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

I am looking to do a production run of bags, initially a yoga bag. I want to work with a pattern maker who can help me pull the elements together, and possibly source the materials too, so I can send the finished sample and specification overseas to China. I need to get the straps right, so they are strong and dont pull away.

I want to source a distressed or stone washed vintage look soft canvas or heavy stone washed/ distressed cotton similar to a denim, and there will be some leather elements. Preferable a washed/ semi-aniline leather.

The design will be simple, but it is important to get the design and materials right. Is there anyone in Melbourne who can help me with this? Do I need to source the materials myself and just get a patternmaker?! if so, can anyone recommend fabric sources of this kind in Melbourne?! thank you!

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Welcome aboard the forums [USER=110691]@annaleigh[/USER]!

Hopefully one of our members can point you in the right direction, otherwise you might try a fashion-related forum or FB group?

Great to have you here. :)
    Dave

Johny
    • Total posts: 840
    Up

I understand your desire to have a sample made locally. It is easier to communicate and keep control of your creation.

But, if you are going to then have them made in China, don’t discount seeking a manufacturer there to do the process from sample making to production.

It may seem like a more convoluted process, but if the manufacturer is also the one making the sample there can be advantages too, such as:-

– You can see the standard of workmanship before spending on the production run (although this isn’t in itself a guarantee)
    – Your required quantities may dictate what materials you can and cannot use. No point making a sample, then finding your quantities are too small to use a cspecific material/pattern/colour

Perhaps something to consider.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.