Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Looking to create referal network with other similar businesses

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up
    ::

Hi guys……. I’m looking to create a referral network with similar (but non-competing) businesses.

I obviously provide websites, logos, mobile apps etc and would be looking at making some deals with other businesses that refer clients to me that require my services and I will do the same for them.

I obviously can’t promise many referrals just starting out, but happy to refer people to you whenever asked for someone that does your services.

Happy to give a 5% – 10% referral fee. :)

Please PM me or post here if you’re interested at talking further!

Ashman
    • Total posts: 78
    Up
    CondorCreative, post: 117061 wrote:
    Hi guys……. I’m looking to create a referral network with similar (but non-competing) businesses.

I obviously provide websites, logos, mobile apps etc and would be looking at making some deals with other businesses that refer clients to me that require my services and I will do the same for them.

I obviously can’t promise many referrals just starting out, but happy to refer people to you whenever asked for someone that does your services.

Please PM me or post here if you’re interested at talking further!

I would be glad to work with someone else from Perth. Checkout my website and see if you like anything and I will do the same.

Ashley

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up
    Ashman, post: 117062 wrote:
    I would be glad to work with someone else from Perth. Checkout my website and see if you like anything and I will do the same.

Ashley

Hey Ash……. don’t you do the same thing as me?

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Have just sent you a PM :)

Stephen Forde
    • Total posts: 53
    Up

Hi Condorcreative,

We provide Web Hosting and Domains, SSL and located in Melbourne. We have servers in Sydney, Perth, Melbourne and US and currently offer shared and private vps. We don’t have any partnerships with a iPhone, iPad & Android App Developers and would be interested in referral network. Please feel free to contact me.

Likewise for anyone else looking for web hosting services, I offer a 20% recurring commission on referrals for web hosting. I will also be adding a flyingsolo discount shortly.

Stephen

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up
    Stephen Forde, post: 117117 wrote:
    Hi Condorcreative,

We provide Web Hosting and Domains, SSL and located in Melbourne. We have servers in Sydney, Perth, Melbourne and US and currently offer shared and private vps. We don’t have any partnerships with a iPhone, iPad & Android App Developers and would be interested in referral network. Please feel free to contact me.

Likewise for anyone else looking for web hosting services, I offer a 20% recurring commission on referrals for web hosting. I will also be adding a flyingsolo discount shortly.

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the interest, however I am already in discussions with another host and obviously I cannot have two of the same business type unfortunately.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    CondorCreative, post: 117061 wrote:
    Happy to give a 5% – 10% referral fee. :) Might need to up that… 40% – 50% to really get people interested…
    BrettM33
    Participant
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 117251 wrote:
    Might need to up that… 40% – 50% to really get people interested…

Yeah, I don’t think so lol

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    CondorCreative, post: 117252 wrote:
    Yeah, I don’t think so lolSay you sell a site for $5000. 5 percent is only $250 dollars. How often would someone know someone who needs a $5000 site? Rarely. $250 is not enough for people to really push your services to their own clients. Even $500 is not enough.

Going down the % referral road requires you create ‘agents’ for you business. Then you need to pay them very very well. I know some companies that pay $2000 a website, then their agents get 1 sale per week, $2000 in their pocket. Good money, and if they can sell they will stick with you. The websites are $6500 – that’s $2000 in their pocket and $4500 in yours.

If someone needs a service I don’t provide, I refer on businesses not because I may get a small amount of money out of them, but because I know the business and trust them to do a good job. I refer out copywriting for example. 10% of the $600 work bought is $60… I would much prefer them to refer back to me. Then it’s the relationships that matter, not the money.

Trust me, I tried the 5% or 10% route. Waste of time. You can make a lot more money getting all the different services together and then white label the lot and add your 20% on top of their prices.

My biggest referrals have come from old clients and people I created a relationship with and want to help their clients / friends / boss / family. Never has anyone asked for money. I send chocolates. They think it’s awesome.

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 117253 wrote:
    Say you sell a site for $5000. 5 percent is only $250 dollars. How often would someone know someone who needs a $5000 site? Rarely. $250 is not enough for people to really push your services to their own clients. Even $500 is not enough.

Going down the % referral road requires you create ‘agents’ for you business. Then you need to pay them very very well. I know some companies that pay $2000 a website, then their agents get 1 sale per week, $2000 in their pocket. Good money, and if they can sell they will stick with you. The websites are $6500 – that’s $2000 in their pocket and $4500 in yours.

If someone needs a service I don’t provide, I refer on businesses not because I may get a small amount of money out of them, but because I know the business and trust them to do a good job. I refer out copywriting for example. 10% of the $600 work bought is $60… I would much prefer them to refer back to me. Then it’s the relationships that matter, not the money.

Trust me, I tried the 5% or 10% route. Waste of time. You can make a lot more money getting all the different services together and then white label the lot and add your 20% on top of their prices.

My biggest referrals have come from old clients and people I created a relationship with and want to help their clients / friends / boss / family. Never has anyone asked for money. I send chocolates. They think it’s awesome.

This thread is not really about giving people money for referrals, it’s about helping each other out and referring to each other. So at first, I didn’t even have a percentage cut in there; however, I thought I would put one in there just to make the incentive a little bit better.

On your other point, I already have “white label” services, such as I have sub-contractors that do my design, logos and mobile apps…. I am comfortable selling these as white label services; there is no need for me to sell 50 different other services I may not know much about, whereas though, they may be able to refer customers to me, and I to them.

As per the title, it’s networking with each other and sending customers each others way, that is the main point.

Simple as that.

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up

Got a few businesses in my referral network now, but looking for more. :) Any print companies by chance?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.