Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events Looking to form team for online community – EntrepoNet – Entrepreneur Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    maxwolfie
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

I’ve recently started a website called EntrepoNet, which is basically a global discussion forum with a focus on entrepreneurial ideas (particularly related to online business). The intent of the website is to bring like-minded entrepreneurs together from around the globe to facilitate collaboration between projects.

I am reaching out to others that see value and potential in such a venture. Ideally I’d love to flesh out the site with weekly columns and other resources for members, but I can’t do it by myself.

The website is http://www.entrepo.net if you’d like to have a look.

I welcome any expressions of interest and/or feedback! My member name on the site is Greg.

Daniel Mitchell
    • Total posts: 56
    Up

Hi Greg

Sounds interesting. I will bookmark your site and respond to some of the posts when I get some time to help get some activity going.

All the best.

maxwolfie
    Up
    Daniel Mitchell, post: 192668 wrote:
    Hi Greg

Sounds interesting. I will bookmark your site and respond to some of the posts when I get some time to help get some activity going.

All the best.

Thanks Daniel, I like your website :)

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

I had a look.

Why do I need a valid date of birth to sign up ??

Cheers

maxwolfie
    Up
    estim8, post: 192726 wrote:
    I had a look.

Why do I need a valid date of birth to sign up ??

Cheers

Hi estim8, most forums will have this as a required field. I believe it is mainly to determine whether you are of-age or not.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up
    maxwolfie, post: 192764 wrote:
    Hi estim8, most forums will have this as a required field. I believe it is mainly to determine whether you are of-age or not.

Consider if you really need to know the age and scrap it if you dont.
    Naturally the more barriers you put up the more you will deflect.

Steve

Peter.D
    • Total posts: 11
    Up
    maxwolfie, post: 192663 wrote:
    I’ve recently started a website called EntrepoNet, which is basically a global discussion forum with a focus on entrepreneurial ideas (particularly related to online business). The intent of the website is to bring like-minded entrepreneurs together from around the globe to facilitate collaboration between projects.

I am reaching out to others that see value and potential in such a venture. Ideally I’d love to flesh out the site with weekly columns and other resources for members, but I can’t do it by myself.

I welcome any expressions of interest and/or feedback! My member name on the site is Greg.

Hi Greg,

I like the idea. But here is a little advice which you can take or not.

1) Great choice going with Xenforo!
    2) Speak to Russ and ask him to purchase a branding-free version of the skin you are using.
    3) Create a bunch of fake accounts and start talking to yourself. I had to do this for months for my forum but it paid off. You also need to add some really good content that will make people want to register.
    4) I would get rid of the “Your link here” box. It makes it look messy and is taking up space.

Thanks.

help4bis.com
    • Total posts: 268
    Up

Created an account… entered my B’day… So I do expect a present on my B’day.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Hi,

Nice one creating a site.

My one piece of advice? Pick a better name that is easy to remember and spell.

Good luck,

Matt

maxwolfie
    Up
    help4bis.com, post: 195197 wrote:
    Created an account… entered my B’day… So I do expect a present on my B’day.

Welcome Henk :)

MatthewKeath, post: 195215 wrote:
    Hi,

Nice one creating a site.

My one piece of advice? Pick a better name that is easy to remember and spell.

Good luck,

Matt

It’s not that hard to spell, is it?

Peter.D, post: 195136 wrote:
    Hi Greg,

I like the idea. But here is a little advice which you can take or not.

1) Great choice going with Xenforo!
    2) Speak to Russ and ask him to purchase a branding-free version of the skin you are using.
    3) Create a bunch of fake accounts and start talking to yourself. I had to do this for months for my forum but it paid off. You also need to add some really good content that will make people want to register.
    4) I would get rid of the “Your link here” box. It makes it look messy and is taking up space.

Thanks.

Thanks, I’ve used XF plenty of times before – I actually tried vB4 again but honestly it just looks so dated now.

I will see how traffic goes for a while I think :)

Divert To Mobile, post: 192918 wrote:
    Consider if you really need to know the age and scrap it if you dont.
    Naturally the more barriers you put up the more you will deflect.

Steve

True, I might leave it whatever the default option is for now, though. I may look at changing it down the track. For now, I don’t think it’s going to have too much impact either way.

garysvpa
    • Total posts: 61
    Up
    maxwolfie, post: 192663 wrote:

Hi Greg,

Good luck with your new website/forum. Keep up the good work.

You can hire an article writer and researcher just to complete the

Articles

and

Events

under Site Features…

I can recommend, just let me know.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.