Home – New Forums Other discussions Looking to hand the reigns over

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Container unloader
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

I started my business 6 years ago and it has now grown to a very profitable business that may be considered large. I have found new business interests and want to develop them further and I believe appointing somebody to run and expand my current business would be the best thing to do. A few points that have brought me to this decision are:
    I have lost the same passion and drive for the current business and don’t involve myself as much as I used to and worry this may effect my customers.
    There is still big oppurtunitys for growth under a more experienced persons guidance.
    My other business needs a lot of dedication and time to develop it.

The management I have in place are excellent at there jobs and I could comfortably go away for a month and everything runs like clockwork but I don’t see any candidates with the knowledge or experience to expand the business.

So my question is how would I find a likely candidate and what would be incentives I could use to encourage results, some of the traits I would like is someone who doesn’t want to prove a point on there performance by stepping on everybody else’s feet. A team player, vision, ability to identify and implement efficient procedures, a drive to succeed and loyalty.

I am looking for someone to step in to this role not a success coach who will tell me how to do it. This is a first time I have had to employ someone for this type of role.

Any feedback is appreciated

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up
    Container unloader, post: 151155 wrote:
    I started my business 6 years ago and it has now grown to a very profitable business that may be considered large. I have found new business interests and want to develop them further and I believe appointing somebody to run and expand my current business would be the best thing to do. A few points that have brought me to this decision are:
    I have lost the same passion and drive for the current business and don’t involve myself as much as I used to and worry this may effect my customers.
    There is still big oppurtunitys for growth under a more experienced persons guidance.

The management I have in place are excellent at there jobs and I could comfortably go away for a month and everything runs like clockwork but I don’t see any candidates with the knowledge or experience to expand the business.

So my question is how would I find a likely candidate and what would be incentives I could use to encourage results, some of the traits I would like is someone who doesn’t want to prove a point on there performance by stepping on everybody else’s feet. A team player, vision, ability to identify and implement efficient procedures, a drive to succeed and loyalty.

I am looking for someone to step in to this role not a success coach who will tell me how to do it. This is a first time I have had to employ someone for this type of role.

Congratulations, many would look to off load.
    Just reading you post “Sales and Marketing” comes to mind. The business is able to perform without you, how we all longed for that to happen, so the development would come from marketing and sales, thus building on the business you already have.
    Appoint some one as Manager Sales and Marketing answerable to you, then once a month have a managers meeting where they report to you. You then can organise any adjustments needed and still have your finger on the pulse without having to be there all the time allowing you to develop your other interests.

What a fantastic position to be in, congratulations

yourvirtualboard
    • Total posts: 569
    Up

If you really have no one in mind – I’d suggest getting really clear on what the “perfect” candidate would look like and then go ahead and look for this person based on the role profile you’ve developed – you could use a range of personality profiling tools like Facet5 or DiSC to do this.

Disclaimer – I am an accredited provider in Facet5

pranothir
    Participant
    • Total posts: 19
    Up
    Container unloader, post: 151155 wrote:

Hi,

Can I have your email so that I can suggest some options to you? It’s just because I need more information and think I could probably help you find the right person. Thanks.

My email is [email protected]. Look forward to hearing from you !

Regards

Pranothi

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.