Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events Looking to start a meet up group for young people !

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Midas
    • Total posts: 11
    Up
    ::

Hi guys,

I want to start up a meet up group for young people, with no business experience but have a drive to want to start something and to be able to learn from each other. Because i know sometimes regular meet up groups with people who are much more experience tends to be a bit intimidating for some young people out there. So if you are hungry and want to get together , please feel free to put your name in!

Cheers
    Jarvis

angelarodgers
    • Total posts: 180
    Up

Hi Jarvis,

Great idea! I can relate to everything you’ve mentioned. It can be quite intimidating being new to business AND being young… looking forward to more info on this when you get to together :-)

Angela

Daniel Mitchell
    • Total posts: 56
    Up

Hi Jarvis

Great idea and add my name to the list.

Cheers

Daniel

help4bis.com
    • Total posts: 268
    Up

Yep, good idea.

count me in… pending other commitments.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Jarvis,

Great idea! I also encourage you to post about it over on our dedicated Flying Solo meetup page.

We often find that people become most inclined to commit to a meetup after someone else nominates a time and venue, so I suggest you start there and then be open to changing the details if necessary.

Have fun with it :)
    Jayne

Midas
    Up

Hi guys

Thanks for the support, I have been discussing this plan to a couple of people who are interested and found out that we would like to have this get together, so that we can learn to set goals, create a business plan, help each other out, play the cash flow board game,learn about multiple streams of income.

I think this is gonna be great! I am looking forward to it. BTW please feel free to express what you want to achieve in this gathering. And if everyone can just say which area you are in , so we can plan a venue that is pretty central for all. Thanks

angelarodgers
    • Total posts: 180
    Up

Hi Jarvis,

All of those things sound awesome :-).

Previously, in a business group I took part in, they had a format which worked really well. Everyone would go around the circle and say:

– 1 thing they have accomplished in the last 30 days
    – 1 thing they plan to accomplish in the next 30 days
    – What they need help with

It was all focused on meeting goals, growing, and helping each other. I’ve never been to another business group since that provided as much value.

Maybe we can try something similar?

Warm regards,

Angela

Midas
    Up

Hey Angela,
    That sounds like a good plan. I like it amd we will try it!
    Hope to get more input from others!
    Cheers
    Jarvis

help4bis.com
    • Total posts: 268
    Up

Happy to attend,

I been in business for 20 odd yrs, so might not be the target group or even young people. But if I can help I will.

I provide business coaching to some young business people, they being web customers of mine I help them along as part of the service.

Generally I say…. start with a business canvas…. happy to talk about that and show some examples.

H

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.