Home Forums Marketing mastery Lost my way…any advice please ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bunyip
    • Total posts: 39

Hi,
    I think I’ve totally or maybe just partially lost my way with this landing page.
    I’ve done so many of them they are all becoming a blurr…
    What have I missed or what do I need to get rid of please ?
    bunyipcamping.com.au/melbourne-cup-deal-2015/
    Thanks in advance
    Lisa

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712

This is my first impression – BTW I am an avid camper but not into horse racing.

Anyway, when I land on the page it says to me – this is something about the Melbourne Cup and there is some sort of prize. I have to scroll down to find that you are a supplier of camp cookware but by then I have already turned off.

The link between your cookware and the Cup doesn’t do it for me.

Sorry but I just don’t get excited about your product. I like pages that give practical information and tell me how the item would make my life better or easier but it just doesn’t stand out for me on this page. It is just something else to lug around when my old burnt cookpot does fine for me.

I like the layout of the page but you might need to find that bit of ‘wow’ and push the product like you are excited about it. Show people using it, photograph it in a camping situation, make the benefits stand out. I understand what the product is and how you use it but I am not your target audience, maybe you need to whittle down your target market and push it just for them.

Bunyip

Thanks and I 100% agree ! I got a bit swamped down and couldn’t see the forest for the trees. I’m going back to the drawing board on this one. Great advice thanks again.

Dave Gillen – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,543

Hi [USER=64717]@Bunyip[/USER],

I agree with Rowan. You’re talking a lot about the Melbourne Cup and about the bonus, but the actual product is what needs selling.

If you took “make camp cooking easier” and made this the focus of your page, then walk them through what type of camper it’s for and how it makes their trip easier, I think it would do much better.

Since it’s heavy it may be for the casual weekend camper who drives to their campsite and wants a good meal. If so, spell it out so the people who fit this category recognise themselves.

Dave

Dave Gillen - Client Acquisition | Brisbane | (07) 3180 0288
    Bunyip

Thanks Dave, great advice, it’s great to be put back on the right path ! :)

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485

Maybe something along the line if you use my cooker you have more time to watch the cup. But as it is currently are you selling the Melbourne cup or a cooker

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.