Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Lottery Permits

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    My Wedding Concierge
    • Total posts: 109
    Up
    ::

Hey guys, we’re in the process of organising a competition for people who make enquiries through our website…
    Basically they will all automatically go into the draw to win a $5000 holiday package.

My question is do I need to get some kind of a lottery permit to do this, or is that just for bigger gambling organisastions like Keno etc?

Does anyone have experience with this, or knowledge on costs, where you go to organise it etc?

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi My Wedding Concierge,

I think you might need a permit, and that they’re organised at a state level. This is the relevant page from the NSW government, and other states will have their own processes: http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/Businesses/Advertising_and_marketing/Special_offers_and_competitions.html

Good luck,
    Jayne

My Wedding Concierge
    Up

Oooooook thanks for the roz, but I don’t own a real estate website, so i’m assuming this is spam?

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Jayne’s link shows how you will have to get a permit. It’s a good page to bookmark.

(PS the previous remark was spam – if you do a search on the first part of the message you will find it is absolutely the same message everywhere. Happens a lot on forums.)

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Sorry about the spammer. I’ve shooed them away now. ;)

Cheers,
    Jayne

My Wedding Concierge
    Up

It turns out I don’t need a permit because:

– The value of the prize is going to be less than $2000
    and
    – It doesn’t cost people anything to enter the prize draw! :)

What a relief, I thought it was going to be a big ordeal to organise it all…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.