Home – New Forums Selling online Low cost traffic?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Preezie
    • Total posts: 8
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

Thought I would put a question out there for all to answer

What methods have you used to generate traffic to your website with a small budget?

In particular what “out of the box” methods have you used? What worked and didn’t work?

MikeDav
    • Total posts: 163
    Up

Hi Preezie,
    A lot depends on the type of business that you are in.

For some businesses Adwords can actually be quite cheap while for others it can be extremely expensive.

Facebook can quite often be a cheaper way of generating traffic however in some industries you then see your bounce rate spiking up.

Bing is quite often cheaper than Google however you still need to keep an eye on your bounce rate and conversion rate.

My advice would be to test out a range of different options and see how they work with your specific industry.

Preezie
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Hi Mike,

Thanks for that.

We are currently using both those methods however i feel there are better methods (out of the box methods), at least for budget startups. For example i pay around 50 cents per google click, which is not bad, but multiply that by 10,000 and your no longer on a small budget (at least for a startup), in particular if you want to make it continuous, same with Facebook, even 50 cents to $1 for a click or like can easily blow your budget out of the water.

I am wondering if you or anyone has tried some alternative methods? Maybe PR? Or some other disruptive marketing that saw reasonable results.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi Preezie,

The cheapest method is content marketing – it costs no dollars but a lot of your time and a huge amount of effort.

Google Content Marketing Strategies, Guest Blogging, Influencer Outreach etc, etc.

I kicked of my new website 2 years ago with Adwords and SEO – in my view still the most effective approach for local businesses and just rely on organic traffic now.

Cheers

Tiggerito
    • Total posts: 362
    Up

With PPC I recommend a strict campaign. Really Focus on hitting just the people who want to buy. It’s often a cheaper click that converts better. And watch out for your budget going on expensive and irrelevant clicks.

PPC is instant, while SEO and social take time to establish. Do both.

And make sure your content and website convert. It’s a waste of time working for the traffic if they don’t like what they see.

Byron Trzeciak
    Participant
    • Total posts: 423
    Up

Content marketing can help build traffic but it’s not necessarily a quick fix and doesn’t always translate into income for your business, at least not immediately.

If you want to make an impact with your content it should be optimised for search so that you continue to reap the passive traffic benefits once it’s gone live. You should also be thinking about it more creatively in how you might stand out in your industry or for your audience, blogging 800 word articles is probably not the way you’re going to stand out and drive big traffic numbers. Create 10x content and then reach out to some of the big guns in your space and see if they’ll promote it to their audiences.

You might also want to consider signing up to websites like SourceBottle.com. I’ve used that to get PR and media attention on the Sydney Morning Herald and other big news sites. While they might not give you a link the brand mention can still spike your traffic.

SocialStep
    • Total posts: 39
    Up

If I was to say cost effective on a low budget, then depending on what product or service you’re selling, the Facebook/Instagram advertising offers the most targeted and well priced “out of the box” service around. For clients, we always know that their exact target market is seeing their ads/products etc.

In reply to the content marketing posts above, the boosted posts can also get that initial traffic to any quality content you create.

Rohan@TD
    • Total posts: 164
    Up

We briefly covered a broad strategy earlier in the year on marketing through social media on our blog. Key is driving the right visitors to your site, not driving high traffic, and then once they are there collecting re-targeting details (e.g. email address) – so you don’t have to pay to get in touch with them again.

Your preezie website has a pretty broad target market (in my general opinion). To attract the right low cost clients, you may find it more fruitful to advertise niche products you compare to very specific market groups.

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

[USER=82006]@Preezie[/USER] There are many low-cost traffic sources but many of them will be low value to your business.

Instead start thinking “what does really high-converting (valuable) traffic look like?”
    You might come to answers like:
    -People looking for the exact thing you offer (maybe adwords – if you’re already doing adwords, some of your ads may pass this test but others may not)
    -Past customers (maybe email marketing)
    -People coming to you via a strong personal recommendation (partnerships, referrals)

These visitors may or may not be cheap, but could be worth 10x or 100x more than cheaper “traffic”. Most sites want traffic, so you’ll be thinking out of the box if you think about getting customers who are more likely to buy.

Dave

PowerofWords
    • Total posts: 179
    Up

Using a PR Wire, like Influencer’s PR Wire (for agencies), and re-work / shorten some of your comparison news stories for the press – like How to Save $500 on a Large Fridge. Every fortnight, come up with a new angle. Also contact various larger blogs (in a non-competing, consumer field) that might like that money-saving aspect as well. Try to do a deal with them for the coverage.
    Incidentally, I have an account with Influencer and I’m not a PR agency, but it comes in handy sometimes.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.