Home – New Forums Tech talk macintosh business management software for a small australian company

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    thedcmonster
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

hello

i am looking at registering a company, and am trying to piece together a solid system. i am a macintosh user due to the nature of my work, and would like to keep it that way if possible. i have found very good solutions, but am having trouble integrating and avoiding double entry. below i have listed the components i have come up with so far.

1. CRMDaylite – by MarketCircle.
    This has good integration with Mail.app, and an iPhone App for portability.

2. AccountingMoneyWorks Express
    There is a connector that links Daylite with Moneyworks. See here, but it is only compatible with MoneyWorks Gold. Not only is this double the price of Express ($800AUD), but it is very much overkill for me at this stage.

3. ExpensesNeatReceipts. Although this can be handled in MoneyWorks directly, i really like the simplicity NeatReceipts brings, which will help me keep on top of things, but it would appear there is no integration like Quickbooks has ( i am waiting on confirmation of this with the developer).

Im open to suggestions and advice, even if it is to run a dedicated windows box with other software.

looking forward to replies, thanks in advance.

regards,

Dardee
    • Total posts: 430
    Up

I would be using MYOB AccountEdge for all the accounting side of it and expenses which also syncs with Daylite.

Having less applications means less room for dramas with syncing and flow of data.

thedcmonster
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    Dardee, post: 7468 wrote:
    I would be using MYOB AccountEdge for all the accounting side of it and expenses which also syncs with Daylite.

Having less applications means less room for dramas with syncing and flow of data.

Thanks for your reply Darren, although the Daylite/MYOB connector does not support the Australian AccountEdge version.

“Works with MYOB 9.0 for USA only”

NeatReceipts would ensure i would keep track of my expenses, which is why i am leaning towards integrating it into my system. Although minimising the pieces of the puzzle will also minimise potential issues, i think that since it is dealing with targeted information, the advantages would outweigh the disadvantages if the data export/import works well.

regards,

Rhys

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.