Home – New Forums Selling online Made in…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Cody
    • Total posts: 117
    Up
    ::

Hi

We are looking to import goods from China. We will be designing labels which they will fix on to our items before shipping to Australia.

Is there any legal requirement to have the country of manufacture on the bottle? For example, made in China.

Cheers

Cody

redleaftea
    • Total posts: 53
    Up

There are so many holes in the labeling standards rules you can drive a very large truck through them but if you want to do the right thing start here, it has some useful links to the different bodies involved
    http://www.business.gov.au/BusinessTopics/Fairtrading/Pages/Labelling.aspx

Johny
    • Total posts: 840
    Up

Is there any legal requirement to have the country of manufacture on the bottle? For example, made in China.

I am not a legal guy so cannot offer you 100% confirmation.

As far as I recall, not everything needs to be labeled, but it depends on the product.

You mentioned a bottle?

If it was stoneware for example and used for drinking, then it would require labeling, as we have recently done some stoneware cups that did require this. I also seem to remember the preferred method was with using ink on the product, underneath the glaze, rather than a label, which is applied to the actual product, not any packaging.

But, it may be different if the bottle is used for a different purpose or made from a different material.

To be sure, I would suggest-

1. Have a look around at The Commerce (Trade Descriptions) Act, as it relates to “trade descriptions” and
    2. Talk to someone at customs

Another thing, if the bottle is for drinking or food related, you may want to include the details about materials (PBA free etc), dishwasher safe, microwavable etc.

Matt Icon Logistics
    • Total posts: 23
    Up

Hi Cody,

Without giving away too much, are you able to offer a bit more info on your bottles so I can assist you re labelling?

Are these bottles empty and what is their composition??

Will they have a branding/trademark?

Intended end use?

Matt

Cody
    • Total posts: 117
    Up

Wow i’ve been slack! Thanks for the replies and sorry for my late response.

The Bottles will have approx 10ml of nail polish inside and yes they will be branded with our business name/logo which is pending trademark. Looking at others in the industry, some say where they are made/manufactured while others don’t.

We will be selling these online, available to the public.

Cheers

Cody

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.