Home – New Forums Tech talk Magento – M2E Pro Extension – Ebay CronJob Set Up

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Cammo
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

I have recently had a Magento Programmer set up a Cron
    Job for the M2E Pro extension in the back end.
    He has has charged me for over 5 hours work just for this one job.
    Does any one know how long this should take, I assume not 5 hours?

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up

Was the module already installed and had you tested it to make sure it worked properly?

Cammo
    Up
    JohnTranter, post: 188799 wrote:
    Was the module already installed and had you tested it to make sure it worked properly?

Yes John the module was already installed and it worked, I could send items to ebay but the Cron Job had not been set so I had to re-index manually.

AlexP
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    Cammo, post: 188801 wrote:
    Yes John the module was already installed and it worked, I could send items to ebay but the Cron Job had not been set so I had to re-index manually.

Gentlemen, we were alerted to this tread by a number of our Australia based users and were asked to respond.

First of all, it is bizarre that M2E Pro users are afraid (for some reason?) contacting M2E Pro support and opt to pay crooks for something which M2E Pro support can help fixing for free. We had a customer you had paid 10K for M2E Pro installation and configuration to some “IT consultant” and eventually we (M2E Pro team) ended up fixing everything in the end. So the rule of thumb is : if you have a problem with M2E Pro then you must submit support ticket to M2E Pro from your Magento backend. Upon receiving your request we will advise you on the course of action.

Please note that M2E Pro also provides premium support services. If interested to go premium please drop us an email at premium (@) m2epro (dot) com..
    Regarding your original query: Setting up cron takes (literally) 5 minutes.. Furthermore, we have just released a new version (6.1.4) which has major improvements to the cron procedure.

Should you have any further questions or require any assistance related to M2E Pro, please submit support ticket from your M2E Pro module under Magento backend panel..

Regards, Alex
    M2E Pro

Cammo
    Up

Thank you Alex,
    There seems to be a new crook born every minute in the e-commerce industry.
    I was already suspicious that the developer I was using logged up excessive hours on other projects.

I am a machinery dealer not a software developer,
    It can be all smoke and mirrors to companies setting up a new site.

Regards,
    Cameron.

Hatching_It
    • Total posts: 414
    Up

I’ll backup Alex from M2E Pro here as I’ve used their support a number of times whilst I was getting used to the plugin. As long as you’re up at about 9:30-10pm you’ll get an answer pretty much straight away.

As for setting up a cron.. I would feel bad asking you to buy me a cup of coffee for doing it – it’s that quick.

It sounds like the IT company you’re using is completely taking advantage of you and I would seriously look at first cutting them out of your hosting and Magento access and then deciding on whether to go to fair trading about them. (Make sure you’ve completely removed their access to Magento, hosting, analytics etc first!)

Good luck with it!

Maclean

Cammo
    Up

I have decided to ditch this developer and change my Magento logo in etc as you suggested.

They developer didn’t even answer my email asking him to explain time logged for this job, I guess there is no real honest answer.

He will loose a reasonable amount of work from me, for some people it’s all about short extortionate gains, most people work out what’s going on sooner or later.

Well a least I know now;)

In the future I will contact the M2E Support team.

Thanks.

Cammo
    Up

Yes good idea, I will use the M2E support in the future.
    I have removed the developers access to Magento etc.

Greed gets the better of some people unfortunately.

Thank you for your advice.
    I own you a cup of coffee of so.

Regards,
    Cameron.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.