Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Magnets or Fridge Calendars?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    eBooksoz
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Just thinking out loud some strategies – if you could get some designed – what would you go for, plain magnets or the more expensive calendar versions? Initially thining calendars – anyone have any success with either of these?

http://www.altaimage.com.au or http://www.ebooksoz.com
    [email protected]

mark_xpnsit
    • Total posts: 140
    Up

It just depends on what the purpose is, you didnt say why you were doing this or what business it is for? are there other more unique options you could use?

Personally I would go with the fridge magnets but depends on what you are promoting

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up

I got some calendar magnets from Vistaprint, they weren’t hugely expensive and I was really pleased with the quality.

I’m sending out a direct mail next week enclosing a magnet, fingers crossed it will help

Thrive Promotional
    • Total posts: 146
    Up

Hello

As a promotional product company, the key is to consider who is receiving and select and design the artwork to be appealing … the cost of magnets (with or without calendars) is tiny.

My recommendation would be to consult a biz like mine, have a chat about what you are trying to achieve and review a range of options.

Regards
    Morgan

bvanmeeuwen
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

I’d probably go for magnets…they’ll last whereas a calendar is only valid for 1 year, however it really depends on your business.

Cesar
    • Total posts: 591
    Up
    SW123, post: 0 wrote:
    if you are a tradie fridge magnets are the best – plumbers, electricians etc…..anything else I would possibly consider an online strategy.

I totally agree, for tradies they are an excellent option but for the industry you are targeting a more sophisticated promotional product is required. I would advise you look into it a bit more deeply before deciding which product is best suited to your customer base.

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up

I chose the calendar magnets as I’m targeting business and I thought they could stick them on filing cabinets etc. plus a calendar is always a useful thing to have around.

MAli
    • Total posts: 107
    Up

I’m looking into magnets as well. Anyone know a good website or articles on magnets? Trying to find some information on whether it is a right fit for me.

Thanks

marketingweb
    • Total posts: 625
    Up

To MAli: Haven’t got an article, but not sure how good a fit it is….

Generally magnets work best for the sort of businesses that everyone needs from time to time but don’t use regularly enough to remember all the time.

The main category here is tradespeople – plumbers, electricians, lawn mowing etc. Lots of other categories can also benefit.

Being that your work is more of a once off purchase for a special occasion and is very “personal” in nature, I don’t think it’s something people would want to advertise by having on their fridge.

I would suggest a promotional gift that is a little more “personal” to match your product would work better.

Maybe others may disagree though and have other thoughts?

Matt

ShanDesign
    • Total posts: 67
    Up

Hi,

I would go for fridge calendars. I actually am promoting 2011 calendars at the moment. The calendars are beneficial because people tend to hold onto them all year round and refer to them regularly.

If you are looking into them, I am happy to help :)

Shannon
    ShanDesign | Graphic Design
    [email protected]
    http://www.shandesign.com.au

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.