Home – New Forums Starting your journey make a website for $199 what you think?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    NickHumphries
    • Total posts: 418
    Up
    ::

Hi there,
    I would like to know your feedback on an idea which would allow business owners in australia to create a professional website quick and easy for $199.00
    includes:
    – domain name
    – after sales support
    – professional theme
    – all the info pages the buyer needs
    – 100% refund guaranteed if not satisfied.
    – finished within 48 hours.

I’ve done some research over the internet on it, but not sure if small business owners here would ever use a service like this.

calebmarshall
    • Total posts: 29
    Up

Yep you’ll need to flip through a phone book in order to prospect new leads. Or walk around the local shops doing face to face prospecting.

I’d also charge more than $199. Charging that little could scare off businesses since it seems like a cheap and nasty set up.

I know a person making 5 page website for $500 (with generic themes) and generating clients comfortably with that price.

It’ll just come down to how well you can sell.

janetteb
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

I agree with CalebMarshall on the price being too low. We’ll be looking for a website soon but if we heard of a website for $199 we’d not follow up on it thinking 1/ it’s too good to be true or 2/ we’d have to do all the work and we’re really busy working on the business as it is and 3/ we’re not technologically strong so we’d probably not get a good result.

Perhaps we’re not the market you want, though. If we are, I’d make sure your marketing clearly puts those three issues to bed.

RachelI
    • Total posts: 29
    Up

Yes, I also think that $199 is probably a bit low.

I don’t do too many websites for businesses these days (mainly just any I pick up through word of mouth), but I usually charge around $500 for a simple, 5 page WP based site. I usually find that businesses are very happy with this price, expecting it would be quite a lot higher.

Another thing to keep in mind, is you often find that the customers who want to pay the least are a lot more hassle & more demanding than those that are happy to pay more. By doing sites for $199, you’ll probably end up attracting more of those customers that expect the world, but don’t want to pay much!

Cheers

Rach

NickHumphries
    Up
    RachelI, post: 87774 wrote:
    Yes, I also think that $199 is probably a bit low.

I don’t do too many websites for businesses these days (mainly just any I pick up through word of mouth), but I usually charge around $500 for a simple, 5 page WP based site. I usually find that businesses are very happy with this price, expecting it would be quite a lot higher.

Another thing to keep in mind, is you often find that the customers who want to pay the least are a lot more hassle & more demanding than those that are happy to pay more. By doing sites for $199, you’ll probably end up attracting more of those customers that expect the world, but don’t want to pay much!

Cheers

Rach
    Thanks, $500 for a simple WP website is alot of money, for not alot of work either! And that is true, the customers who go for the cheapest do seem to be the most hassle.

Really appreciate your feedback

NickHumphries
    Up
    janetteb, post: 87730 wrote:
    I agree with CalebMarshall on the price being too low. We’ll be looking for a website soon but if we heard of a website for $199 we’d not follow up on it thinking 1/ it’s too good to be true or 2/ we’d have to do all the work and we’re really busy working on the business as it is and 3/ we’re not technologically strong so we’d probably not get a good result.

Perhaps we’re not the market you want, though. If we are, I’d make sure your marketing clearly puts those three issues to bed.
    Thanks,
    Those points are very true indeed. The site is launching within the next couple of days and it’s about 70% completed. (http://www.akitso.com) so if your interested in being the first customer, please let me know :)

Thanks,
    Nick.

NickHumphries
    Up
    calebmarshall, post: 87678 wrote:
    Yep you’ll need to flip through a phone book in order to prospect new leads. Or walk around the local shops doing face to face prospecting.

I’d also charge more than $199. Charging that little could scare off businesses since it seems like a cheap and nasty set up.

I know a person making 5 page website for $500 (with generic themes) and generating clients comfortably with that price.

It’ll just come down to how well you can sell.
    Thanks Caleb, the price has been increased to $399, so I think that will add to the credibility while keeping things affordable.

B Cooper
    • Total posts: 211
    Up

Great idea Nick. I actually do the exact same thing:

http://www.webdesignforbusinesses.com.au

Brentis

NickHumphries
    Up
    Webfunk, post: 0 wrote:
    Hey Nick,

Congratz on the new website…looks good, nice and simple.

Good idea to raise the price a bit…don’t want to sell yourself too low or else you will de-value your business. Do you make the sites based on templates or do you create the wordpress themes from scratch?

Also, how come having a logo design takes a minimum of 4 days whereas the whole website only takes 2? Just curious…

Good luck with it all!
    site based on templates, much easier like that, especially with the built in framework.

logo design is alot of back and forth. With the web design, I get all the information in one go, colour scheme, page content, etc and it’s ready to be implemented. Now that I think about it, 2 days may be a little misleading because you do have the back and forth communication with designing websites.. hmm thanks for pointing that out!

BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up

Are you the designer of these templates? If not, make sure you have the correct license to do with them what you are doing.

NickHumphries
    Up
    CondorCreative, post: 87913 wrote:
    Are you the designer of these templates? If not, make sure you have the correct license to do with them what you are doing.
    I have the developer’s license ;)
    Netorigin
    • Total posts: 421
    Up
    NickHumphries, post: 87622 wrote:
    Hi there,
    I would like to know your feedback on an idea which would allow business owners in australia to create a professional website quick and easy for $199.00
    includes:
    – domain name
    – after sales support
    – professional theme
    – all the info pages the buyer needs
    – 100% refund guaranteed if not satisfied.
    – finished within 48 hours.

I’ve done some research over the internet on it, but not sure if small business owners here would ever use a service like this.

I like the concept but if you are trying to target Australian businesses, I would recommend registering the .com.au version of akitso.com. Also I’ve had a look around on your website and I can’t seen to find any ABN/ACN details.

Cheers,
    Shaun

NickHumphries
    Up
    NetOrigin, post: 88014 wrote:
    I like the concept but if you are trying to target Australian businesses, I would recommend registering the .com.au version of akitso.com. Also I’ve had a look around on your website and I can’t seen to find any ABN/ACN details.

Cheers,
    Shaun
    Yup, was going to register the .au later this week.

I’m awaiting for the ABN number for the business in the mail..

Neill
    • Total posts: 43
    Up
    NickHumphries, post: 88124 wrote:
    Yup, was going to register the .au later this week.

I’m awaiting for the ABN number for the business in the mail..

Hi Nick,

For people searching from within Australia, I suggest you add an Australian phone number and bring to the top your Australian address. You want to make it look a bit more ‘local’.

Regards, Neill

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Hi Nick,

Am a bit late to this thread so only just looked around your site. Agree that the $399 price, rather than $199 may offer credibility.

Also, assume you are Akitso Web Development? at the Australian address? With “parent” or “sister” company in USA? – Along with the ABN you need to register the business name at least in ACT… at this time, there’s no way of really figuring out who the business is or is behind the business in Australia, which might be off putting to some. Maybe even a phone number/email contact for the Australian arm of the business? – If I, in Australia, was to become a customer I would prefer doing the business with you also in Australia but the contact details (apart from mailing you a letter) don’t seem to allow that?

Just my 2c – all the best :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.