Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Making my Company known

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    DjDante
    • Total posts: 23
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I made a post in the introductions section already, but for those of you (probably most) who have not read it I am the owner of a company called School of Attraction at http://www.schoolofattraction.com.au.

I started it up about 2 years ago, but only in the last 10 months have I begun to work tirelessly at expanding it into a company that can impact the lives of more people than it currently does. I run 4 week and 8 week courses essentially Helping guys be more self confident and successful with women.

My current business plan is to run monthly free seminars which I advertise on my website and various appropriate forums. At these seminars guys get to meet me and hear what I’m all about and learn something new. From these seminars I pick up new customers because I do have a very good product which is far superior to my competitors, I am very proud of what I do, and that comes through to those who meet me.

Currently, my website is not receiving nearly enough traffic and almost all my business is currently coming through referral and word of month. I ran a couple of promotional girl campaigns with attractive women handing out flyers in the city, but the ROI was not so great.

My plan right now is to first focus on getting more traffic to my site (I really want to see 100 a day average to start with). I have tried a few adwords capaigns with pretty underwhelming results (although i know this all boils down to expertise), and I have added myself to all the free business listings I can find.

My current next steps are to
    a) Check my competitor websites through google search and see their metatags and descriptions. Then compare to mine, and see what they are doing that I’m not.
    b) Play with google tools to identify most looked up words and phrases relevant to my industry. Populate my website and descriptions and titles with more of these words.

I’m considering making the jump to pay professionals to drive more traffic to my website. Has anyone doen this before? How were your results? I know that I need to keep learning as business is a non-stop exercise in self-education, however I also need to step back some times and call in the experts.

Any feedback from you guys at this point would be much appreciated.

kenmac
    • Total posts: 26
    Up

Hi Damien – I had a quick look at your website and noticed that you don’t seem to try and collect any names.

If I were you I’d have an Opt-in asking for names and email addresses and perhaps offer a free eBook. Maybe you could use the articles you have and turn them into an eBook on “Tips about how to attract women.”

Then when you’ve collected enough names you could offer a free Webinar. You could set the Opt-in up on the right panel where you currently have “Upcoming events”

Also, each page on your website should be search engine optimized for particular keywords (One or two main keywords/phrases per page) and each have a separate meta description incorporating those keyword phrases.

At the moment they all seem to say “joomla” . I can see this when I open up each of your website’s pages and then going to “View” and then “Page Source”.

One of your competitors would appear to be: http://www.attractwomen.com.au/

They have the following keywords and description for their home page:

https://adwords.google.com.au/select/KeywordToolExternal

For example -the keyword phrase [how to attract women] has quite a lot of monthly searches so one of your pages could be search engine optimized for that particular phrase.

Regarding outsourcing your search engine optimization you may like to check out this affiliate link SEO Pack

Hope the above helps a little.

avallach
    Up

Hi,

As per kenmac’s suggestion, this type of business definitely lends itself to the direct marketing style of a free giveaway, gathering a list of those potentially in your target market, and becoming the expert they come to for help.

Ideas would include an ebook (e.g “The 7 Things Every Man Should Know About Women”) – I’m sure you could create the content fairly quickly?

You might perhaps instead offer them a short “course” giving a taste of the type of advice/coaching they might get. 1 email every day for 7 days for example. Quite possibly similar content to what would have gone in an ebook.

The email course idea is simple enough if you use an “autoresponder” service – which is essentially a hosted service that allows you to capture email addresses, send responses on initial sign-up, set up a series of emails to go out on a timed basis after sign-up, and also (usually) allows you to do bulk mailing whenever the need arises.

Having a free offer you can promote, combined with good keywords, and perhaps some PPC advertising should deliver results. For your business, I would suggest that Facebook may be a better option than Google for paid ads. You’re trying to help people connect socially, so what better place to find them than on a social network? :)

Just some ideas anyway – and only scratching the surface for sure.

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

#1 rule of website promotion? Spell the domain name correctly when posting it =)

tr3nton
    • Total posts: 68
    Up
    Emroy, post: 26579 wrote:
    #1 rule of website promotion? Spell the domain name correctly =)

His domain name is spelt correctly.. it was a typo in his post.

Have you checked out google webmaster tools? : http://www.google.com/webmasters/

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up
    tr3nton, post: 26584 wrote:
    His domain name is spelt correctly.. it was a typo in his post.

Have you checked out google webmaster tools? : http://www.google.com/webmasters/

Yeh that was kinda my point.

tigermike
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

DJ, I agree with avallach, Your business just oozes social. I would target the social networks like facebook, twitter, blogging etc as long as you have your business signature and something outstanding that your business has to offer you should get a lot of response. Start with people you know on these sites, build your clients through them and before you know it it will expand outwards from there.
    Cheers, Mike.

DjDante
    Up

Hey all,

Thanks for the feedback and sorry about the typo on the URL, thank you for fixing that up.

I’ve split up my sales marketing process into a few branches, each with their own milestones. I want to get 100 organic leads through google per day to the website, that is my first major milestone. You guys have given me a few solid ideas I’m going to take on some of the more straight forward and simple tasks first (time is my enemy, combining 9-5 work with SOA work I’m doing 75 hrs a week)

It’s intersting that a few of you brought up Facebook. I currently advertise my free seminars (which is also publisised on the website) through Facebook network, although as yet I have not created an actual School of Attraction Business account on there. I’ve read so many reports saying that facebook marketing is by and large a waste of time in most cases as facebook users are very unresponsive to marketing. Although having not given it a try myself in earnest, I understand that right now it’s just heresay. Has anyone had a success story in this area? I have a friend who actually run at a profit some social facebook newsgroups who has asked me to start creating written and video material for his groups so I suppose this is also a step in that very direction.

BTW all my web based work so far has been through Elance. I’m still learning the ropes there, but can anyone reccommend and developers either through there, or in Australia who are well priced? (PM me if it’s illegal to put the names here in public forum)

mike@engagemarketing
    • Total posts: 300
    Up

I’ve sent you an email through the forums :)

danrippon
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

Hi Dj,
    If you’ll allow me, I’ve two suggestions for you; firstly to do with the design of your page – the white text on black background makes it very hard to read, and if a site is hard to read, people generally won’t stick around to explore past the first page.

My second suggestion relates to your PPC efforts; I’d expect your niche to be highly competitive on its bidding keywords so your results being, as you say, underwhelming, wouldn’t be a big surprise. My recommendation would be to get hold of a copy of Perry Marshall’s Definitive Adwords Guide and see what you can do to improve your results. It’ll cost you from US$49 (depending on what extras you want to bundle with it) but you’ll recoup that cost in no time if you apply the techniques he describes. Perry is known the world over as THE Adwords go-to guy so I’m pretty sure you’ll pick up something useful.

Have a great day!

CruzAccountant
    • Total posts: 195
    Up

Hi Dante

I agree with the social networks suggestion. When you say that most of your business comes from referrals and word of mouth, how much of that has come from Facebook through friend referrals?

Ritchie

DjDante
    Up

Hi Ritchie,

Actually, almost none of it.

I’m also a moderator on a forum dedicated to getting better with women in sydney. I host nights out, and advertise my monthly events on there. That’s where a lot of my businses has come from.

Also, I did a promotions girl campaign with hot women wearing School of Attraction Sashes who were handing out flyers, I got a couple of guys through them too.

However, with the number of people who think that facebook is a good medium to use more, I’m going to trial a advertising campaign on there.

Thanks for all the input so far guys, it has been absolutley overwhelming (in a good way). I wasn’t expecting so much good quality feedback.

Belinda82
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

Just a random idea….maybe try teaming up with some dating sites such as RSVP or something? As guys going there are looking for women, and if they saw ur ad, it might interest them…

Digital1
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

DJ Dante,

Would be very interested to hear how you go with your facebook advertising please. In my experience it doesn’t work all that well for Australian businesses although it would seem to be your target market.

As for driving more traffic to your site, the right sort of PPC (pay per click) campaign should definitely work for you. Maximizing what you do with the traffic once at your site is equally important. I think the ‘autoresponder’ advice given is right, it’s essential. This is the one we use and recommend

Best of luck!

http://www.digitalmarketinginsiders.com/workshops/

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Digital1,
    Welcome to Flying Solo :)
    As a newbie, it would be great if you could head on over to the http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/new-member-introduce-yourself/ section of the forum and introduce yourself so we know who we’re talking with.

Please also take a few minutes to review the forum guidelines, which you’ll find here: http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/guidelines-please-read-before-posting/589-welcome-flying-solo-forums-please-play-nicely.html.

I’ll look forward to chatting with you on the forums,
    Have a great day,
    Jayne

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.