Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Making my Company known

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Digital1
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::
    FS Concierge, post: 27057 wrote:
    Hi Digital1,
    Welcome to Flying Solo :)
    As a newbie, it would be great if you could head on over to the http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/new-member-introduce-yourself/ section of the forum and introduce yourself so we know who we’re talking with.

Please also take a few minutes to review the forum guidelines, which you’ll find here: http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/guidelines-please-read-before-posting/589-welcome-flying-solo-forums-please-play-nicely.html.

I’ll look forward to chatting with you on the forums,
    Have a great day,
    Jayne

Hi Jayne,

Thanks for the welcome. Have done so now – thanks!

DjDante
    • Total posts: 23
    Up

Okay, so to update you all on the wherewithall..

I have run a Facebook campaign which worked MUCH better than the adwords one. It was far from perfect, as I paid average $1.12 per click, but I was getting lots of click throughs whereas google adwords was only getting me 8 per day (I’m also unskilled so that doesn’t help). Also LOADS more impressions. Unfortunately I ended up pausing it after 3 days because for 100 click throughs, i only had 1 conversion so evidently my jump to page http://www.schoolofattraction.com.au/events.html was not doing the trick. I then changed the click to page to a facebook event page for a further 3 days but only got one extra subscription that way as well. So not a big victory there BUT I’ve overcome one hurdle which is where to spend my CPC money = facebook.

I have joined up with aweber.com to maintain my slowly growing mainling list and also so i can use the forms directly on my website and get those forms up onto my first page to capture customer details. As a reward for details I will be putting together a free e-book. In the interim the ‘personality test’ will be the reward as it is very extensive and the result of a lot of hard work.

I have an SEO company now fixing up keyword usage on my website as well as page titles and metatags.

I am now sourcing a 1300 or 1800 number to my work mobile phone so that I can get a more professional phone number up on the front page of my website. (it makes me appear larger and more established). My question right now, however, is should I get a 1300 or a 1800? I know the differences from a technical standpoint,but what about customer perception? In this day and age I don’t think any customers (mine are all under 50) will think twice about dialling one or the other, but does 1800 look better? the costing difference is almost negligible.

Any thoughts?

Nealst
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

Hi Mr Dante (or may I call you DJ),

Sorry, its been a long day – a little humour to keep me sane.

Try having a look at this article – it may be useful re: the social media stuff.

http://nett.com.au/marketing/branding-and-design/it-s-the-freakiest-show/11472.html

Regards,

Darren

Digital1
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Hi DjDante,

Thanks for sharing the facebook figures.

If your google click through rate (CTR) is low then you’re probably not targeting the best keywords for your products. In saying that, for some of my keywords I have double digit click through rates but in others it can be impossible to get it to that level.

What I really care about is my return on investment. I know exactly what each conversion has cost me. In some of my campaigns I know that for every $1 I spend I will earn $10+ in gross fees for my business. Be sure to install google analytics and conversion tracking to keep track of this, as well as keeping your internal records. (By the way for any other forum members reading this Google is currently offering a $75 credit towards Google Adwords which you can access through our site by clicking here)

Facebook has a large user base of Gen Y and younger, and this demographic has a habit of clicking on just about anything – the problem is they are not ‘considered’ clicks, they jump around and if they don’t like what they see immediately they will ‘bounce’ back off your site. So it might not just be your landing page that is the issue. Google analytics will help you determine if this is happening (you don’t need to be using adwords – and it’s called your ‘bounce rate’). You might find that you can get plenty of clicks through this medium but the quality may not be there and you may end up spending more without a lot of return on your money. Facebook also does not offer a great deal of customisation of how and where your ads show which I think is it’s biggest negative.

My personal opinion between phone number prefixes is that it won’t make a lot of difference. For some reason I prefer 1300 though.

wordmistress
    • Total posts: 504
    Up

Hi Dante

Interesting business! I’ll be watching with lots of interest to see how it grows.

My personal experience with PPC campaigns is that Google Adwords has worked better for me, for my retail website. I’ve tried Facebook Ads but it’s true that the click-through rate is high but the conversion rate is abysmal.

Have you considered press releases? You’re an attractive guy, get out there on TV, in the newspaper, in magazines such as Ralph, FHM, etc.

Arnold Shields
    • Total posts: 58
    Up

My suggestions:

• Learn about seo
    • Learn about Landing Page Optimisation
    • Learn about Split Testing
    • Blog

Look at the following sites http://www.marketingexperiments.com, http://www.whichtestwon.com.

Collect their email address. If they don’t buy your product, you might be able to get some affiliate earnings.

DjDante
    • Total posts: 23
    Up

Wordmistress: I have been wanting recently to get more involved in media with the business. I have a background in public speaking, and I’m an entertaining and professional style presenter/facilitator. It’s an area that I know very little about, but will be follow up with you more on that via email.

Arnold: Yes, I’m wanting to learn more about this, but time is my biggest enemy, so I have bitten the bullet and hired a good SEO group to handle all that work for me. I have them reporting to me all their moves when it relates to my website. I am sure I will learn a lot through the observation as well. I need to focus my lmited time on the stuff that I’m alread an expert on.

Thanks all for the great feedback, we now have a 1300 number which is on the website, but once I get a web developer to make a bunch of changes for me, it will be more prominent along with a free ebook for newsletter registrations.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.