Home Forums Starting your journey Making my own gin

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    johnnycashflow
    • Total posts: 98

am a big gin fan, been drinking way too much of it recently due to covid and staying home,

thinking about making my own at home and hopefully turning into a business,

I do love scotch mainly however, I dont have the patience/knowledge/equipment to make it,

am looking at making a few “flavoured” boutique gins as I have some overseas influences

gin is attactive at the moment because it doesnt take months to make, plus I have no experience
    just brainstorming at the moment

what do people think?

Jason Ramage
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,159

hands up to be a tester :)

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: hello@lucasarthur.net.au   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,472

Of all the ideas you have floated on here (there have being many), this one at least has some legs, wobbly but it has legs.

El Arish Tropical Exotics
    • Total posts: 227

Great idea. Make sure you research your competitors thoroughly :p:p https://blog.yellowoctopus.com.au/australian-gin-guide/

johnnycashflow
    • Total posts: 98
    El Arish Tropical Exotics, post: 269675, member: 6734 wrote:
    Great idea. Make sure you research your competitors thoroughly :p:p https://blog.yellowoctopus.com.au/australian-gin-guide/
    excellent link, thanks!
    bb1
    Participant

I will just throw one spanner in the works, I was in the Barrosa last year, and it seemed like there were as many Gin places as wineries over there now. I just hope you don’t jump on the band wagon, where the horse has already bolted.

Dave – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 2,526

Hi [USER=79207]@johnnycashflow[/USER],

1) See if you can make a gin you like.
    2) See if you can make a gin your friends like.
    3) See if your friends will buy it.

If you can do all 3 then you’ll be in a position to see if a business is worth pursuing.

Love to hear how it goes!
    Dave

bb1
    Participant
    Dave – FS Concierge, post: 269696, member: 49676 wrote:
    Hi [USER=79207]@johnnycashflow[/USER],

1) See if you can make a gin you like.
    2) See if you can make a gin your friends like.
    3) See if your friends will buy it.

If you can do all 3 then you’ll be in a position to see if a business is worth pursuing.

Love to hear how it goes!
    Dave

Sorry I have to strongly disagree with number 2 and 3, never make business decisions based on what your friends or family say, they will rarely say that you are making a crap product or service, you want independent people who wont feel bad about hurting your feelings.

Dave – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 2,526
    bb1, post: 269698, member: 53375 wrote:
    Sorry I have to strongly disagree with number 2 and 3, never make business decisions based on what your friends or family say, they will rarely say that you are making a crap product or service, you want independent people who wont feel bad about hurting your feelings.

True they may lie to you :)
    But they probably won’t lie with their wallets. If you had 10 friends buying a bottle each month you have a small business. You include them in the R&D phase (tasting) and sell them their favourites.

Dave

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.