Home – New Forums Selling online Managing customers and workflow

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #986216
    bees
    Member
    • Total posts: 81
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi All,

    I hope you’ve all had a great break and are ready to hit the ground running in 2014.

    I’m still on the hunt for something to help me manage customers. I have a Bigcommerce site that is working well in most aspects, but I find I still need something to help me keep track of workflow and clients. While the retail side of things is taken care of by Bigcommerce, I really need something to help me manage wholesale clients. Most don’t order through the website but prefer to email me in orders, which I manage through Xero, and it just feels disjointed.

    I know there are plenty of programs out there I can use for this, and I’ve trialled several of them, but without the contacts going directly from the enquiry form, entering into a workflow, and being followed up, it all becomes very manual and meaningless.

    I’l love to hear what other’s use to keep on track of their day to day workflow with their ecommerce platforms.

    Thanks,

    Janine

    #1156842
    Laurus
    Member
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Janine

    What sort of workflow are you looking to manage – is it predominantly product based (and is their a manufacturing process involved), or is it a service based product that you offer.

    There are some fantastic Xero add-ons that support either of these, but without further info, it would be difficult to give a prefered suggestion.

    #1156843
    Sven Scheepers
    Member
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    0
    ::
    bees, post: 180757 wrote:
    Hi All,

    I hope you’ve all had a great break and are ready to hit the ground running in 2014.

    I’m still on the hunt for something to help me manage customers. I have a Bigcommerce site that is working well in most aspects, but I find I still need something to help me keep track of workflow and clients. While the retail side of things is taken care of by Bigcommerce, I really need something to help me manage wholesale clients. Most don’t order through the website but prefer to email me in orders, which I manage through Xero, and it just feels disjointed.

    I know there are plenty of programs out there I can use for this, and I’ve trialled several of them, but without the contacts going directly from the enquiry form, entering into a workflow, and being followed up, it all becomes very manual and meaningless.

    I’l love to hear what other’s use to keep on track of their day to day workflow with their ecommerce platforms.

    Thanks,

    Janine

    Hi Janine,

    I was notified of your question on Facebook by a friend of mine. We represent a product called Fortix and are licensed integrators. Fortix will do all of the above. Be it a web store for retail or a wholesale distribution network. Out of the box, it is an Australian owned cloud based CRM on steroids, with as many or as few functions as you want. It has integration into Xero so no manual transfer is required. It also integrates seamlessly with Google mail and calendars.

    You can have a bit of a read about it here http://www.fortix.com.au/.

    Alternatively, feel free to send me a quick email ([email protected]) with your details and I’ll be happy to discuss in more detail.

    Sven

    #1156844
    arrowwise
    Member
    • Total posts: 641
    Up
    0
    ::

    Janine,

    Most workflow systems do not integrate with your email system seamlessly.

    A couple which are worth a look are:

    http://www.worketc.com – this can do a lot in one integrated system.
    http://www.workflowmax.com
    http://www.zoho.com

    It’s always tough to find a solution that will mould around your business entirely, but those are a good start.

    If you’re using google apps, there are a few solutions that can tie into your email better for improved work flow.

    #1156845
    Jenny Spring
    Member
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    0
    ::
    bees, post: 180757 wrote:
    Hi All,

    I hope you’ve all had a great break and are ready to hit the ground running in 2014.

    I’m still on the hunt for something to help me manage customers. I have a Bigcommerce site that is working well in most aspects, but I find I still need something to help me keep track of workflow and clients. While the retail side of things is taken care of by Bigcommerce, I really need something to help me manage wholesale clients. Most don’t order through the website but prefer to email me in orders, which I manage through Xero, and it just feels disjointed.

    I know there are plenty of programs out there I can use for this, and I’ve trialled several of them, but without the contacts going directly from the enquiry form, entering into a workflow, and being followed up, it all becomes very manual and meaningless.

    I’l love to hear what other’s use to keep on track of their day to day workflow with their ecommerce platforms.

    Thanks,

    Janine

    Hi Janine

    I’m starting to use Infusionsoft with combines CRM, ecommerce and Email. This might be an option for you.

    #1156846
    Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Janine,

    There are a bunch more suggestions on Facebook too – just follow this link… https://www.facebook.com/FlyingSoloAU/posts/754236441271585

    Dave

    #1156847
    bees
    Member
    • Total posts: 81
    Up
    0
    ::

    Thanks for your replies everyone. I”ve not been able to get back to this post until tonight so will have a look through everyone’s suggestions. I’ve realised I’ve not been very specific in my previous post so I thought I’d share what I’m looking for, in a CRM in case anyone has just the right program for me.

    I want customers to be stored in the database (not necessarily every ecommerce customer, but these would be handy for ongoing marketing).

    I was emails to be cc’d to this program, so that I can log on and set up a series of autoresonders and workflows. When I get an enquiry from a wholesaler, i want to be able to select the responder email from a drop down list, customise it slightly, hit send. I want their reply to be logged in this program against the customer’s name so that a contact dialogue is easy to track. When we enter into any business together, I want to be able to select a workflow that then gets checked against this customer.

    I want the program to pull out all current workflows into a ‘to do’ task list on a daily/weekly basis.

    When my staff get a marketing program up and running (for example, let’s send a sample of our product to every Veterinarian on our database) I want to be able to conduct the mail merge from this CRM program, or at the very least send a select portion of the contact list to mail chimp. I then want to set up a workflow for this so that the staff can keep track of who responds etc. I want reminders to crop up in the workflow so we can follow up on this.

    I have this for another business of mine, and it’s fantastic, but it’s industry specific. Since taking over this new business (retail product) I’ve tried to find something similar without success. I’ve looked into infusionsoft but can’t justify the expense right now in such a fledgeling business. I’ve ended up wit insightly which seemed a good solution given it was free (for now) and seemed to do what I want as good as any of the paid versions, but it’s still a far cry from what I’d hoped to find and it’s lack of integration means I rarely use it. I am sick of all the connectors I have to add on just to get things to talk to each other.

    I’ll head off and check out the links you’ve kindly provided. Thanks again,

    Janine

    #1156848
    bees
    Member
    • Total posts: 81
    Up
    0
    ::
    Jenny Spring, post: 180796 wrote:
    Hi Janine

    I’m starting to use Infusionsoft with combines CRM, ecommerce and Email. This might be an option for you.

    Jenny, I would have stuck with infusionsoft if their ecommerce site was more robust. As it is, I still needed a connector to link bigcommerce to infusionsoft and then something to link to Xero, it all adds up to too much monthly expense when MailChimp can do the marketing aspects for me straight from BC.

    #1156849
    bees
    Member
    • Total posts: 81
    Up
    0
    ::
    arrowwise, post: 180786 wrote:
    Janine,

    Most workflow systems do not integrate with your email system seamlessly.

    A couple which are worth a look are:

    http://www.worketc.com – this can do a lot in one integrated system.
    http://www.workflowmax.com
    http://www.zoho.com

    It’s always tough to find a solution that will mould around your business entirely, but those are a good start.

    If you’re using google apps, there are a few solutions that can tie into your email better for improved work flow.

    Thanks for your input. I keep seeing references to Zoho but I found it a little clumsy and not very intuitive. Perhaps I need to give it another go? It does seem widely used. Part of the problem is that my photography business is working seamlessly with a CRM program and has been for 8 years, so I expected to find something that was equally as good a fit.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.