Home – New Forums Get productive Managing Monday mornings

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    adrian
    Participant
    • Total posts: 181
    Up
    ::

I love Monday mornings! Every weekend is crazy and chaotic – two kids under 3, a wildly energetic Staffy, house repairs, a wife with a large extended family we seem to visit each weekend, friends and dinner and wine….

Monday morning going into my attic feel like entering a calm Buddhist retreat. I get to bring some order back in my life. Of course, come Wednesday, I’m really looking forward to the next weekend!

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up
    chixfashionz, post: 126026 wrote:
    Personally, I like to tackle small tasks on Monday mornings. I actually do this every work day. I keep a list of ‘to-do’ tasks and start by completing all the small ones first. This helps give me a sense of achievement and confidence to go onto the bigger and often more important tasks! I tick each box as I go through the list and even that simple act helps physically re-enforce each step. It’s simply a START SMALL approach to each day.

I like this approach.

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

I usually try to avoid Mondays when I dont feel like work.
    Although I set Mondays to do the work that needs to be done 99% of the time no problem. I walk every morning with the dog and find this does help clear the mind of the weekend when 4 grandkids hit the place.
    Those 1% where I dont feel like work I do it on Tuesday or Wednesday.
    Ease yourself into work mode, relax have a ” Darknstormy ” at 10.00am then you just seem to fly through the day.
    Soloism can be difficult to ajust to, but the rewards are so huch better than the alternative

Tall Trees Eco Store
    • Total posts: 52
    Up

Love mondays!

I work all weekend helping out with my other business so I welcome Mondays. It’s when I get to sit down and really concentrate on my favourite thing; my online store!

I always start the day with a coffee and a run. The run first and then the coffee (but I think about the coffee while I run :) ). You really can’t underestimate how energising it is to exercise first thing as it sets the mood for the entire day. I go through everything I have to do and come back pumped to begin. (Actually I don’t have a choice. If I don’t run my two dobermans, I will have to deal with their hypo craziness all day!)

I’m going through the process of selling my hospitality business and once that is done my schedule will be more Mon to Fri. Watch this space. Perhaps my attitude toward Mondays will change!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

It’s all about mind set (usually done before sleeping on a sunday night) No matter how fun you had during the weekend we still need to work after that day. Get pass monday and look forward to another weekend! :D

Leslie Yu
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

I listen to upbeat music in the morning to pump me up and get me motivated. :) Try not to sleep too late on Sunday night as well, you’ll feel more refreshed on Monday morning.

tonyk
    Up

I tend to do as much work as I can over the weekend so I can sleep in on a Monday.

Uncomplicating
    • Total posts: 731
    Up

When I’m motivated and love what I do, I can’t wait for the house to clear so that I can get on. Monday just becomes another day of opportunity.

When I’m not, it’s just an exercise in being a grown up. Head, down, bum up, give ’em all a vertical smile and get on with it.

The good times will be back soon enough.

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up

Working for myself, I don’t “do” Monday mornings. :)

tonyk
    Up
    Divert To Mobile, post: 123904 wrote:
    When Im bored I make phone calls to my partner or friends. I dont get much time to catch up with friends face to face so I call them frequently.
    I have a bluetooth headset which allows me to talk whilst driving, or doing other forms of manual work – an awesome investment.

Ive also discovered a radio station designed for blind people, they read newspaper articles all day. I guess it may not be for everyone but I can keep up with the news with very little effort. I find it more productive than music.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Sounds interesting. Is it just a Sydney-based radio station?

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    • Total posts: 692
    Up

You’re thinking of Radio for the Print Handicapped http://www.rph.org.au/

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.