Home – New Forums Starting your journey Manufactured art marketing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    janeym
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi, I am new here, but really impressed with the community.

I was hoping to ask for any suggestions about my product. I am in that horrid position of being made redundant and so I decided I should turn to my skill (and love) which is pottery. I am working on a range of gift products that focuses on pets. All are well made/hand made products.

I was planning to start an online store however, I am starting to wonder if this is actually the best way of marketing my work. I also worry about the fact, that attracting traffic is not an easy task. However many gift businesses seem to work online. Also if I do have a website, trying to decide which site builder to use… Another forum suggested the Aust Post sites, so I am looking at that and I am currently trialling shopify. I think being a manufacturer/artist the marketing is overwhelming as you need so much time to create the product….

I think I am am feeling a little of the paralysis by analysis setting in. Any suggestions/insights would be wonderful. Thank you :)

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Janeym,

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for introducing yourself.

For some insights on the online pet market, use the word ‘pet’ in the Search function in the grey bar above the forum – we’ve had a few discussions on the topic recently that may prove helpful to you.

This podcast may also be of interest – it’s about creative businesses and why some work and others don’t.

Best of luck to you and your new venture,
    Jayne

janeym
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Thanks so much Jayne,

I have been spending a lot of time reading through the posts over the past few days and the information has been so helpful. The podcast was fabulous too.

Thank you again, I really appreciate it :)

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

If you have a great product, I’d highly recommend looking into using Instagram as a marketing tool. You’ll find many success stories online.

Good luck.

ThexArm
    • Total posts: 253
    Up

Are you going to make your own pottery products and sell them?

If you do, then it is good to have a online presence but for a product as yours it is better to focus in local areas. Because it is breakable product the shipping and packaging costs can be too much. By focusing on local area you can cut down these costs and also make your business easy to market.

You can use flyers as one option to market your business.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.