Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Marketing a website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    heftzwecke
    • Total posts: 213
    Up
    ::

There are tons of articles about SEO, marketing a website, social etc. Everyone tells you the newest tricks, but it seems they are all written from people who are sitting on the computer all the time. What I do at the moment is facebook, facebook groups and the one or the other blog entry (which takes a lot of time doing all this research) and I subscribed to a business directory (nurseries online) and some other free directories.
    I am selling plants (and I grow them too)- what would you concentrate on : facebook, google+, SEO writing blog entries pinterest…..?
    https://mountainherbs.net/

Second question: For gardeners only! If you search a plant online what would you search for? What would your keywords be? (For me it is Latin name, common name)

Gama
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

If your time is limited then the best option is to do a Facebook post and use the “Boost Post” option to promote the post. You need to laser target your audience to get good results.

thekindconsultant
    • Total posts: 105
    Up

Firstly, I think you need to get clear on your value proposition. What’s so good about Mountain Herbs and why should I buy my herbs and plants from you? And establish who your target market is – it’s not jumping off your website at me.

Gama is quite right about Facebook Ads boosting function – it’s an easy way to get your content on the move.

I’m a gardener – and a permaculturist and someone who has consulted businesses similar to yours in the past. The keywords you should be considering ought to come from conversations with your target market – and no, it’s not “gardeners”. Also, fire up KW Finder and Google Keyword Planner.

I’m happy to have a chat to you by email or PM if you want.

heftzwecke
    Up

Thanks, what’s so good? Hmmm, (i simply like growing plants and of course collecting:)) But I’ve bought plants online in the past amongst others at a very well known site and they were TINY and of course after posting they died. I bare root my plants to safe on postage and they are considerably bigger than plants sent in a pot. There are some herbs no one else has, but I want much more of this kind in the future.
    For the moment I will fire up the keyword planner…From offline selling there are three type opf buyers: herbalists, people who simply collect plants, people who want some kitchen herbs(they probably never buy online) and people who want a specific herb for their health problems.

thekindconsultant
    • Total posts: 105
    Up

It sounds like there are a couple of points that you can use to differentiate Mountain Herbs.

1. Be clear on that point of difference in your copy. To me, that’s the fact that you send luscious bare root plants that you guarantee (do you?) – none of these puny things that rock up on your doorstep dead. And that herbs provide XYZ health benefits.

2. It sounds like your target market is largely people that use herbs for health. Is that a fair thing to say? This too will influence your copy, your content, and how you go about attracting your audience. Are these folks likely to buy plants online?

I think your best starting point is to refine your targetting. Don’t be everything to everybody. Discover who’s problem you can best solve.

Feel free to ask any specific questions here, by PM or email me.

heftzwecke
    Up

Good point, I need some rainy days!!! Otherwise I do a bit of offline marketing and go to a herbalist meeting and sell there (something were the wild herbalists meet)

Kokoronkwo
    • Total posts: 27
    Up

Just a brief point – plants & gardens can make for amazing photographs. Why not consistently, everyday, post 2 photos of a plant on Pinterest. In a month that’s well over 50 photos out there, and if you title them the botanical & generic name, people will pin/share them (as Pinterest is a real hub for people planning their home/garden/weddings). Eventually you have a following online that you can drive to your website.
    Florists do this to much success on Pinterest.

heftzwecke
    Up

That’s actually a pretty good idea. I find that pinterest is really not time consuming. If I reseach about a herb (and remember it) I simply pin the best articles as I go.

Corey
    • Total posts: 568
    Up

Have you considered investing in an Australian Domain Name and creating & designing your own website?

Cheers
    Corey

heftzwecke
    Up

You mean another website? I have got this shopify website and I really struggle to write new blogposts and list new plants and keep everything fresh etc. I won’t have the time to upkeep a second one. When I decided for the website name the Aussie version was gone, maybe this would be better, but it was a fast decision.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.