Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Marketing Advise

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sl
    • Total posts: 63
    Up
    ::

I have partnered up with one of my colleagues and recently started an intern recruitment company that places talented graduates and professionals with small to medium businesses throughout Australia. Our work placements help top graduates kick-start their careers with hands-on experience while also making a valuable contribution to the host companies that mentor them. There is no cost involved to the company as these internships are unpaid.

What’s the best way to introduce our services to sme’s and find companies who are happy to take in interns and give them a go?

MarketingHQ
    • Total posts: 142
    Up

Have you thought of working with organisations such as the Australian Institute of Management or the Australian Human Resources Institute?

Just think that there members might be your target audience and you could formalise a relationship where you could offer the intern opportunity to their members.

Just an idea.

Chris

ClareS
    • Total posts: 30
    Up

Why not try LinkedIn.
    Many professionals from big companies are now networking through LinkedIn – including their HR departments as it is a great way to source candidates.
    You could target people here.
    Also – you could create a group for your organization on LinkedIn so that people could see what you do.

danmac30
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

Re: Marketing Advice

I agree with both of these suggestions and would like to add one more.

Councils also have programs for small businesses where they hook them up with students to help them with their businesses. Some students do marketing, web development, design, research, accounts, etc. I would contact the business unit of each council and see if they are running such a program and see if you can provide a source of students for this purpose. I know the Glen Eira council runs such a program. Here is the link:
    It is a win for the council, small businesses and the students!

Good luck!

altima
    • Total posts: 131
    Up
    Skill-link, post: 49191 wrote:
    There is no cost involved to the company as these internships are unpaid.

In my opinion, try to leverage from the desire of young graduates who are desperate to get some work experience and employ them for free is at least not very ethical.

Of cause they may not deserve highest salary, but pay them something, even minimal money is much more fair.

Sl
    • Total posts: 63
    Up

Hi All,

Thanks alot for all your advice.

Unfortunately unpaid internships are the norm in Australia. But most of our students end up securing permanent positions towards the end of the internship which is great.

Most students are grateful for finding them with an internship because so many graduates struggle to secure jobs as they lack experience. There are few companies who is happy to train them for minimal pay although it’s quite rare!

smallspark
    • Total posts: 42
    Up
    Skill-link, post: 49191 wrote:
    There is no cost involved to the company as these internships are unpaid.

If there is no cost to the company, may I ask what your business model is?

Does the graduate pay?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.