Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Marketing Help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    paro
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone. As i am new to this forum I throught I would ask for some advice .I have a small business with acess to some great cosmetic that are not avaialable at present in Australia. What I need is either some advice or someone who can help with marketing. Some advice about getting them into high end stores would be great. some of our products are organic Thanks for any advice.

mike@engagemarketing
    • Total posts: 300
    Up

Hi Paro,
    you are probably best off sourcing a distributor which has experience in your market. They will have the contacts in the high-end stores and it is possible that they already distribute products there, making it cheaper and easier to get shelfspace in these stores.

Engelbert Alwin
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

You should be able to make a non-working dummy product up that can be shown to prospective buyers. The closer to the real thing the better.This way you can start selling now before you are even in production.Start gathering lead generating materials that when you are ready to move forward on sales you really ready.

beancounter
    • Total posts: 159
    Up

High end stores are very demanding and quite ruthless – of course you realise that they get hit up by prospective suppliers every day of the week

Things to consider are supply and demand – should they accept your product range, could you ensure delivery on time at short notice, in the quantities and packaging that they demand

Cash flow – they tend to want everything “yesterday” and will not necessarily pay you for 90 -120 days

Getting the product into the store may seem a real challenge but transpire to be the “easy part” of the new found business relationship

We have a client who successfully got a product into one of the leading supermarkets – but eventually pulled out and went into the competitive supermarket to find they jumped from the fireplace into the fire

Remember this – high end stores are not interested in their customers, or their suppliers, or their staff. They are only interested in their bottom line and pleasing their shareholders

They’ll do all they can to squeeze you down in price, and use you as a “line of credit” – knowing your money will be cheaper than money they can borrow from a bank

Good Luck

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.