Home – New Forums Selling online Marketing Ideas for website

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1126112
    MH08
    Member
    • Total posts: 284
    Up
    0
    ::

    Very very tough industry your in.

    A lot of the forum enthusiasts are correct about your business.

    If you like PM me and I can give you some reality points about your business.

    Information I can help you with are from industry professionals in the highest level of finance brokerage and everyday people who have a huge success from trading derivatives.

    Cheers,

    #1126113
    sundancer
    Member
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    0
    ::

    Without knowing more about your website such as your traffic, conversion, bounce rate, and current marketing strategy I can’t really say. The initial thing that struck me was that I was not sure whether your target market is Australian or American due to the .com and you’re in a small business forum for Australia so if you were targeting the Australian market you’d have a .com.au.

    Having previously worked in a company that did plenty of product launches for our North American partners, including using landing pages such as what you’ve created here, I would say that your website also needs a bit more effort to look more legitimate.

    1) Try hiring a really good quality Copywriter – if you need a quality one who has experience selling millions of products, feel free to PM me.
    2) Your layout is not really attractive – eg the grey course modules looks a little dull and the testimonials don’t really pop out.

    Otherwise, another technique you can employ is to create a blog. It does take more work as you would need to update it more regularly, but you can drive traffic and email subscribers to this landing page once you’ve got them in your funnel.

    And then it really just goes down to your marketing strategy after you’ve got that all sorted out.

    #1126114
    Phillip P
    Member
    • Total posts: 254
    Up
    0
    ::

    I have developed strategies for a few trading, real estate courses and other such products over the years. Strategies that have cleared over 10m a year.

    I have quickly gone over what everyone else is saying and some are right some are based on personal opinions which dont mean sh!t in the online world.

    Your offering a way out to people. To do this, is freedom. Almost the silver bullet typical mumbo jumbo bullsh!t but the truth is heaps of people out there that will buy or try cause many are looking for the EASY way instead of the experience way. Many people are looking for the express lane instead of the years of work lane and this is where you come in.

    First of all your sales page shouldnt be the first thing people see. it should be some form of website/blog telling people who you are, why they should listen to you, why your doing this for them. How you have made your money (Or havent but they dont need to know that your promoting).

    Build a free 7 day ecourse so you can get people in your email list. Have a free training constatly and build rapport. Keep sending people great content and proof content. Like testimonials picturesof cheques from others and tell them OTHER peoples stories. People love stories.

    Then make them an offer they cant refuse and send them to your sales page. Your sales page needs a video a massive buy button underneith then the rest of the long copy at the bottom.

    Dont bother with adwords your looking at $15 clicks and your not allowed to promote sales pages and get rich quick schemes.

    What you should bother with is get an affiliate program happening and try recruite affiliates and offer them 30% for the trouble.

    Unless this is an affiliate program already… offer then less :)

    Remember to have fun making money.

    Thanks,
    Phil

    #1126115
    Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up
    0
    ::

    With all due respect to others but no one can really and truly help without diagnosing your personal and business aspirations.

    There are some good tactics (not strategies) shared by other members and if you follow them and fail, don’t blame them or their ideas.

    There is alot of focus on media ie adwords, websites, ebooks, linkedin, etc and not enough emphasis on the market you are catering to or the message they will resonate with.

    for example, a young guy who just watched wall street 1 and 2, wants to be the next “gordon gecko” or “jordan belfort” has a completely different motivation to a redundant former corporate executive who is exploring franchise vs trading.

    I’ve met housewives who trade futures and forex options and they have a completely different motivation to the above two.

    Addressing them with the same message is only going to increase cost per lead and reduce sales. might as well go on the street and use a microphone.

    If you are paying $15 per click for adword, you’re not segmenting your list by nice or subculture and ofcourse, your roi is terrible. now, there are those who pay more than $15 per click and happy to because they have great up, down and cross sells, referral systems to maximise customer lifetime value.

    You will get tips, but that’s all they are. you need to study marketing or hire someone who can help you generate measurable returns on every dollar you put in.

    Business is not about giving it a “go”. That’s like driving a car on a highway with no speed limits without having learned how to drive. It’s called suicide and that’s why so many business owners give up or are frustrated with their sales.

    Be smart, invest in your education particularly on lead generation and conversion.

    Don’t be like the majority who crash and then blame the car or the road when they haven’t even studied for their “L” plate.

    #1126116
    JohnW
    Member
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Everydaytrader,
    When I go to your website it looks like it is one of the countless formula driven “how to sell our product on the web” sites.

    My guess is that you have a “guru” with a “magic formula” that you have been following.

    Sorry to be the one to tell you, whatever SEO work you have had implemented is irrelevant / ineffective. I.e. Your site looks like it is cyberjunk. (No one can find it.)
    Regs,
    JohnW

    #1126117
    Phillip P
    Member
    • Total posts: 254
    Up
    0
    ::

    Khalid your always the voice of reason and i know we prob have studied and followed many of the same people.

    Respect.

    Khalid Adam, post: 148044 wrote:
    With all due respect to others but no one can really and truly help without diagnosing your personal and business aspirations.

    There are some good tactics (not strategies) shared by other members and if you follow them and fail, don’t blame them or their ideas.

    There is alot of focus on media ie adwords, websites, ebooks, linkedin, etc and not enough emphasis on the market you are catering to or the message they will resonate with.

    for example, a young guy who just watched wall street 1 and 2, wants to be the next “gordon gecko” or “jordan belfort” has a completely different motivation to a redundant former corporate executive who is exploring franchise vs trading.

    I’ve met housewives who trade futures and forex options and they have a completely different motivation to the above two.

    Addressing them with the same message is only going to increase cost per lead and reduce sales. might as well go on the street and use a microphone.

    If you are paying $15 per click for adword, you’re not segmenting your list by nice or subculture and ofcourse, your roi is terrible. now, there are those who pay more than $15 per click and happy to because they have great up, down and cross sells, referral systems to maximise customer lifetime value.

    You will get tips, but that’s all they are. you need to study marketing or hire someone who can help you generate measurable returns on every dollar you put in.

    Business is not about giving it a “go”. That’s like driving a car on a highway with no speed limits without having learned how to drive. It’s called suicide and that’s why so many business owners give up or are frustrated with their sales.

    Be smart, invest in your education particularly on lead generation and conversion.

    Don’t be like the majority who crash and then blame the car or the road when they haven’t even studied for their “L” plate.

    #1126118
    James
    Participant
    • Total posts: 268
    Up
    0
    ::

    I think a lot of the best marketing ideas come from examining those who are having success in similar markets.

    Product Launch Formula is an information product like yours. You can view the site at: http://www.productlaunchformula.com/

    Now I’m not suggesting you buy this as the product itself simply details the processes which entice you to buy it in the first place. The good thing about that for us is you can learn most of it just by going through the sales funnel.

    You certainly shouldn’t consider this a model to copy exactly, but this is someone that has done the research over the years about squeezing every dollar out of his target market.

    Notice the video on the homepage before any hint of sales, then notice the language he uses in the video. The email capture placement and everything else on here is optimized.

    Information products are successful because of their get-rich-quick promise. People are realising this but they still buy from those who provide perceived value, which in a way crosses over with content marketing.

    To provide an action plan from all the comments in this thread and my own thoughts, you probably want to start thinking about the following:

    • Observe competitors in your field, and broader informational products.
    • Break your target market into buyer personas so you can better target the product. If you use PPC, make custom landing pages for each.
    • Go for a slightly more stylised sales letter website, but definitely don’t go to a standard web designer. Go to a landing page specialist who is familiar with the whole lot. There are probably 100 things you need to do right for a high converting landing page / sales funnel.
    • Engage a copywriter or do some heavy research into copywriting. Your areas of text are too long, not broken up appropriately and don’t cater to impulse buyers. Buyers believe stories so embellish a tale of how you got to where you are.
    • SEO is going to be tough in this field so think about long-tail keywords first (‘make money trading stocks in australia’).
    • SEO is going to be impossible without a blog to put content through. Build a blog on the domain and tie this in with a broader content marketing strategy – eBooks, audio, video, FREE.
    • Get email addresses at all costs, popups, popovers, popdowns, whatever you have to do. You’re selling to emotion and impulse, you are going to change their life. If you don’t get them on the day, nurture them through auto-responders.
    • Look at starting an affiliate program. e-Junkie is an easy option but there are plenty out there. I think Share-a-sale is also reasonably easy to setup.
    • Just a tip: notice how a lot of the products have ‘formula’ or ‘system’ in the name. This gives the illusion of something that is a step by step process, making it sound easier. Consider throwing a word like that into the product name.
    • Build your expert status. Make Dave Limburg better known online. Guest posting, answering questions (Linkedin, Yahoo, Quora), audio and video interviews or lessons. There are a couple of positive Google results but there needs to be pages.
    #1126119
    Phillip P
    Member
    • Total posts: 254
    Up
    0
    ::

    I have been a member of product launch formula since the beginning and have met jeff a few times.

    he also started on stocks and forex and was publishing a paid newsletter :)

    PLF is still not a magic bullet but the most important is to build your reputation in the industry.

    James Rayers, post: 148066 wrote:
    I think a lot of the best marketing ideas come from examining those who are having success in similar markets.

    Product Launch Formula is an information product like yours. You can view the site at: http://www.productlaunchformula.com/

    Now I’m not suggesting you buy this as the product itself simply details the processes which entice you to buy it in the first place. The good thing about that for us is you can learn most of it just by going through the sales funnel.

    You certainly shouldn’t consider this a model to copy exactly, but this is someone that has done the research over the years about squeezing every dollar out of his target market.

    Notice the video on the homepage before any hint of sales, then notice the language he uses in the video. The email capture placement and everything else on here is optimized.

    Information products are successful because of their get-rich-quick promise. People are realising this but they still buy from those who provide perceived value, which in a way crosses over with content marketing.

    To provide an action plan from all the comments in this thread and my own thoughts, you probably want to start thinking about the following:

    • Observe competitors in your field, and broader informational products.
    • Break your target market into buyer personas so you can better target the product. If you use PPC, make custom landing pages for each.
    • Go for a slightly more stylised sales letter website, but definitely don’t go to a standard web designer. Go to a landing page specialist who is familiar with the whole lot. There are probably 100 things you need to do right for a high converting landing page / sales funnel.
    • Engage a copywriter or do some heavy research into copywriting. Your areas of text are too long, not broken up appropriately and don’t cater to impulse buyers. Buyers believe stories so embellish a tale of how you got to where you are.
    • SEO is going to be tough in this field so think about long-tail keywords first (‘make money trading stocks in australia’).
    • SEO is going to be impossible without a blog to put content through. Build a blog on the domain and tie this in with a broader content marketing strategy – eBooks, audio, video, FREE.
    • Get email addresses at all costs, popups, popovers, popdowns, whatever you have to do. You’re selling to emotion and impulse, you are going to change their life. If you don’t get them on the day, nurture them through auto-responders.
    • Look at starting an affiliate program. e-Junkie is an easy option but there are plenty out there. I think Share-a-sale is also reasonably easy to setup.
    • Just a tip: notice how a lot of the products have ‘formula’ or ‘system’ in the name. This gives the illusion of something that is a step by step process, making it sound easier. Consider throwing a word like that into the product name.
    • Build your expert status. Make Dave Limburg better known online. Guest posting, answering questions (Linkedin, Yahoo, Quora), audio and video interviews or lessons. There are a couple of positive Google results but there needs to be pages.
    #1126120
    Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up
    0
    ::

    Absolutely!

    The “who” commands price and is therefore more important than the “what” (product / service).

    It’s why smarter psychologists don’t make the kind of money Dr. Phil does/did because he understood the power of “who” over “what”(skill in psychology)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_McGraw#Approach_to_psychology

    In terms of the website (back to topic), which is really a salespage, it’s testable even though it’s cheesy. Sure, Google won’t like it and alot of “professional ” and “sophisticated” folks will publicly reject it.

    But the website design and layout or any marketing for that matter should not be decided by feedback from non buyers like myself and others.

    The only people who have a right to vote or offer meaningful feedback are those who are looking to buy trading systems and most of them hang out on other forums.

    There are ways to generate traffic without SEO and Adwords. I congratulate the OP for at least getting a sales page up. Not as good as it can be but i have only come across a handful of website “experts” who have a website that has a systematic lead generation component.

    They seem to sacrifice sales for design but cest la vie.

    Invest in your education and tweak as you go.

    Phillip P, post: 148070 wrote:
    The most important is to build your reputation in the industry.
    #1126121
    theeverydaytrader
    Member
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi everyone.

    Thank you all for your generous feedback, i really appreciate it.

    My previous sales page website, as many suspected, was a cut and paste design based on ‘what a successful sales page should look like’ etc, and i agree, it did look unprofessional, but it converted! (albeit at an ordinary rate)

    However I have taken on board the comments and gone ahead and redesigned the whole website layout to give a full, professional website appearance. I have included menus and subheadings with plenty of information about myself, the product and some helpful market tools.

    I would really appreciate any feedback, positive and negative, on the new website design and layout.

    Many thanks,
    Dave

    #1126122
    John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up
    0
    ::

    Dave, I dont know if this has been mentioned already (as I’ve skipped over many of the previous responses) but something like this needs to be split tested in order to find something that works.

    As an immediate suggestion, I would recommend building a list. Offer something as an incentive to get people to subscribe – something of value. Get them on your list, and then establish a relationship with your subscribers.

    Your initial offer is $199 which is cool, but Im sure, in this market, you could easily go on to sell much higher priced items ($1-5,000+)

    What was the conversion rate on the previous page?

    Somehow I cant see this new one beating it. But I could be wrong.

    Infact, Im certain I saw this website being promoted as a big seller somewhere just recently. *shrug

    #1126123
    JohnW
    Member
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up
    0
    ::
    theeverydaytrader, post: 148189 wrote:
    Hi everyone.

    Thank you all for your generous feedback, i really appreciate it.

    My previous sales page website, as many suspected, was a cut and paste design based on ‘what a successful sales page should look like’ etc, and i agree, it did look unprofessional, but it converted! (albeit at an ordinary rate)

    However I have taken on board the comments and gone ahead and redesigned the whole website layout to give a full, professional website appearance. I have included menus and subheadings with plenty of information about myself, the product and some helpful market tools.

    I would really appreciate any feedback, positive and negative, on the new website design and layout.

    Many thanks,
    Dave
    Hi Dave,
    You still have a bunch of SEO and usability problems with the new site.

    • If you are using SEO, don’t expect most visitors to land on your Home page
    • Don’t try to force people to read your Home page first.
    • Don’t hide your Home page site navigation in a rotating images. Most people will not wait on your page that long.

    Example: I was looking at one client’s site traffic figures today and for the last month, only 7% of visitors landed on its Home page. Of all page visitors, only 12% actually went to the Home page.
    Regs,
    JohnW

    #1126124
    John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up
    0
    ::
    JohnW, post: 148238 wrote:
    Of all page visitors, only 12% actually went to the Home page.

    That seems incredibly low.

    For the vast majority of sites that I’ve looked at the percentage is much closer to 50-60% and upwards. Most users have a general tendency to hit the home page to “see what the site is about”

    Out of interest John, if they weren’t hitting the homepage, where were they going?

    #1126125
    JohnW
    Member
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up
    0
    ::
    John Romaine, post: 148278 wrote:
    That seems incredibly low.

    For the vast majority of sites that I’ve looked at the percentage is much closer to 50-60% and upwards. Most users have a general tendency to hit the home page to “see what the site is about”

    Out of interest John, if they weren’t hitting the homepage, where were they going?
    Hi John,
    For an SEOed website, most people don’t visit the Home page to see what it is about, IMHO.

    With few exceptions, they should land on the page that best answered their information search question or the relevant internal page linked from some external hard link. From there they may go to an “About” page, “Contact” page, “Portfolio” page, an alternative product page or to a page with more detailed info, but why would they need to go to Home?

    An SEOed site should anticipate visitors info needs and be able to provide it and subsequent info needs in about 3 page link clicks. People are too busy to waste their time looking at info that is important to the site owner. Give them relevant answers fast, obviously and with an incentive to act NOW!

    For a business with a range of products or services, I find the Home page is best thought of as a store directory board with the company name, its business category and its USP featured large. People don’t hang around Home pages, they mostly use them to see where they can find the detailed info they need on the site. If it’s not obvious, their BACK BUTTON certainly is and you have 0.2 of a second to arrest the automatic back button grab!

    There are a bunch of variables that impact this. The 2 biggies are:

    • The effectiveness of the site’s SEO
    • Size of the site

    Effective SEO looks at people’s search methods. These may include:

    • Business category searches
    • Product/service category searches
    • Problem searches
    • Solution searches
    • Location search words
    • A small number will use company/brand name searches.

    I suggest it is impossible to define a business where there are not thousands of information search variables based on the above methods.

    No single page can target all these search methods. A home page may target a business name, a business category and location. It cannot possible rank well for all the variables.

    Crude Rule of Thumb: If you have a 50 page website and as much as 20% of visitors landing on the site’s Home page, I would be looking for what is wrong with its SEO or where there are SEO opportunities being missed.
    Regs,
    JohnW

    #1126126
    John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up
    0
    ::

    Thanks for responding.

    I’d like to see that data, if at all possible.

    Have you ever played around with Crazy Egg or Clicktale.

    Those apps give a great insight into user behaviour.

    Its mostly wank factor, but its pretty neat none the less.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.