Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Marketing in Australia?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    hector.mercury
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hello,

I’m currently away from Oz opening a London office. I have some spare time in the evenings here and tonight I want to return a favour.

Whilst I’m here I thought I would hook up with some folks who have gone beyond the call of duty to help me sort out some of my technology issues. As a gesture to express my gratitude I just bought them supper and I agreed to do some digging around and help them out with their “Oz problem”.

I have 33 people working in Melbourne, Thailand and now the UK. I had been running two separate accounting systems (MYOB & Quickbooks) in two offices. Keeping track of sales forecasts, cash flow, all of the other critical numbers and customer interactions was the bane of my life.

Whenever I had a spare moment I would bring up Google and do deep searches for a system that not only could I afford but would allow me to connect everyone so as I could track financial,customer and employee activity. The fact is I wasted an enormous amount of my and vendors time trying to figure out an answer that would solve my problem.

I don’t exactly recall how I found these guys (sort your SEO Nick!!!), but I’m glad I did and they deserve a leg up.

They have been extremely helpful with my UK venture. They helped me make contacts here but more to the point when I got in touch with them they spent hours every day on the phone for about three weeks understanding my issues and at one point even going as far suggesting other vendors who might be able to help with my “systems” problem.

Before I met them tonight I felt as if I already new most of the team as whenever I contacted them regardless of who I spoke to, they knew the my situation. I am not saying they are perfect as there were a couple of occasions when I had to “bang the table”. But their response was always thoughtful and the “fix” followed.

This is them http://www.salesorder.com. (tip:Do what I did and play the video on the home page, its only two minutes ). Like I said they have been really helpful and I am very happy with the solution and support. They even modified the software (and the price) for me.

I am not here to promote them, what they asked me to do was find a reseller or a consultancy group in Oz they could work with/act as their agents down here.

So my question is can anyone make any suggestions as to where/how I might find such an outfit or give these guys a break in AU/NZ.

Thanks in advance

Hector

PS: They have a free version (no strings, no feature constraints)

PPS: They have no sales people either (sort this Nick will you ;-)

Warren Cottis
    Participant
    • Total posts: 807
    Up

Hi Hector

Regardless of how noble your post was it will unfortunately scare the crap out of anyone who might consider using this company… or perhaps this was your subtle intention… let us know

… and as well their website needs some seo and a revamp

hector.mercury
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    warrenc, post: 9372 wrote:
    Hi Hector

Regardless of how noble your post was it will unfortunately scare the crap out of anyone who might consider using this company… or perhaps this was your subtle intention… let us know

… and as well their website needs some seo and a revamp

Hey Warren,

Your post in response to my act of goodwill was a bit harsh and if it’s a reflection of the attitude of your company (if that was your subtle intention) I don’t think I would be alone in forming the perception that your post isn’t helpful and restated the SEO case – the words spiteful and shallow come to mind.

I have always had a jaded view of forums such as these as they seem to be more and more occupied in the majority by whiners and mischief makers and not people genuinely seeking to help one another. Looks like this is yet another example. Your reply only serves to deepen this perception and didn’t do this forum and the business you work for any favours either.

All the evidence proves that the guys at salesorder.com are honest, hard working and genuinely doing a good job for me and the customers to which I have spoken. Your assertion was based upon zero experience with them so your comment and company cannot possibly be taken seriously by anyone.

Bottom line – engage brain before using keyboard…reputation takes years to build but can be destroyed in moments by unhelpful and cynical responses like yours. How many people do you suppose I will tell about my unfortunate encounter with you as opposed to my positive experiences with a good firm?

People love to whine………..

Get a life….

ray_223
    • Total posts: 594
    Up

Hi Hector,

Without even reading your post fully, anyone that turns up to a forum and posts 1 item to the forum saying how great something is must be viewed with a little skepticism.
    If a regular member of the community posted this it would hold more value.

So … what am I saying?
    Stick around and get involved in the community, otherwise I and everyone else will just assume you are spam advertising.

Warren Cottis
    Participant
    • Total posts: 807
    Up

Phwooo Haaaa Hector

That was some tirade.

I was merely pointing out that in spite of all your noble words, when you wrote… “I am not saying they are perfect as there were a couple of occasions when I had to “bang the table”… it was perhaps not great for their reputation since people tend to remember the worst comment not the best comment.

However, on reflection and considering your reply, it could just be that you are one of those guys who love to bang tables… in which case Nick really does deserve a medal.

Thanks for the link to my website and cheer up. I have created a lot more activity for forum members to read your post and help Nick.

Angus
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

Hi Hector
    A couple of places to advertise are the CPA and CA magazines.
    I’m running an External Chief Financial Officer business and the software looks worthwhile trying for some clients. Do you know if there are plans for it to be able to manage payroll as this would be a definite advantage in selling into the Australian market? (versions of myob and quickbooks have integrated payroll so have an immediate advantage). Do you know how transactions can be downloaded from a bank statement into the software as if this process is quick and memorises coding similarly to banklink, it would help substantially also.
    regards
    Angus Morrison
    CEO
    Lift Business Growth Systems
    angus@liftbusiness.com.au

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.