Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Marketing in New State

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Travel Stylist
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Jodie.

I have recently moved to Melbourne from Sydney, I am a mobile travel stylist.
    My target market is Luxury Travel, Honeymoons etc

http://www.seasontravel.com.au/admin…el_Stylist.pdf

I am loving the move, but the one thing that I am finding hard is what marketing I should be doing to get my name out around here.

I was previously working for The biggest Travel agency for 10 years as a manager in both their retail and corporate fields, so I guess you take all the marketing that happens in the background for granted.

So pretty much I’m a newbie to the whole marketing side of things and I guess it’s probably the one part of going solo that I feel is the hardest.

I still have my Sydney clients, but want to expand my database to my new home city.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated..

B2B50
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Hey Jodie,

Hello thought of an idea for you and has to do with Google+ which is why I have a Google GMail account. There are quite a few options as well if you want to go down the road of a Google+Local business page listing as well. I was thinking that since you have existing clients it is great way for them to leave their comments (aka citations) on your Google+Local Business page which will boost your business listing on Google greatly.

Of course Facebook timeline is there as well. And you can post a targeted ad on facebook specifically choose the right demographics to target customers of your niche. This will keep the cost of facebook advertising to a minimum.

For other alternatives look at mobile advertising and text messaging. Google mobile or Admob can advertise your services and you can target cities, types of mobile you want your ad displayed. You will add your mobile number so potential clients can text you and vice versa. If you are going to send people to a website must ensure it is mobile optimized as this is what Google prefers and you get more traffic that way. I would suggest doing a google keyword search with the option of mobile keywords and I bet they are lot cheaper than standard Adwords. I last used Adfonic for my mobile campaigns and chose to pay 5c per click for my ads. I spend $50 each campaign which resulted in 1700 click thru’;s for a Jenny Craig weight watchers campaign. Not all clickthru’s will result in a sale but that depends on how good your landing page is setup.

Hope that helps.

Richard

Travel Stylist
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

Hi Richard,

That is all great advice, I will definitely look into Google+ and Mobile/admobile and even Adfonic.

I already have a couple of ad’s going on Facebook, they are getting hits. I have one that is going back to the facebook page and another separate one going directly to the website. My facebook page “likes” has doubled in one week so just need to convert those to bookings, I have been told that facebook is more about Brand awareness than sales etc.

Thanks again for your help, Greatly appreciated

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.