Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Marketing my online business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    T j Turner
    • Total posts: 240
    Up
    ::

What would be the best way to market my online business and get the brand out there. I make all of my products.

So far I hand out business cards when I go to networking events through my business mentor, I also do a newsletter that I send out every 2 months

JustJames
    • Total posts: 104
    Up

You need to go where your customers are.

Look for online forums, off line workshops…heck I don’t know…where do people who want to smell pretty go to talk about, erm, how bad they smell now and how good they want to smell?

James

Dan Fisher
    • Total posts: 11
    Up
    T j Turner, post: 158308 wrote:
    What would be the best way to market my online business and get the brand out there. I make all of my products.

So far I hand out business cards when I go to networking events through my business mentor, I also do a newsletter that I send out every 2 months

hi TJ
    social proof is what you need start a Facebook fan page and like everyone you can find in your niche health and beauty,
    get in pinterest this just as powerful as Facebook and average user earn 100k means they like to spend money
    start a twitter account.
    search for forums and blogs in your niche ask if they can post an add or comment and have a link to youre website in the signature
    get an image or banner made from fiverr .com pay one of these blogs or websites put your banner on ther site,
    post ads on craigs list, and other classifed ads google them
    create an affiliate offer for other peolpe to promote you website for a commission on sales Australian affiliate market is commission junction,
    create some videos demos of your products or get testimonial videos made for you on fiver submit them to video marketing sites like utube etc
    go to market’s try find some celebrities and offer free products for
    online press releases,
    your newsletter is it online? it should be send it more often
    and that’s just a start my friend start with a fan page at least pick things you enjoy doing and do them consistently hop ethat helps abit
    i actually sell video tutorial products for this sort of thing branding , mastering twitter,Facebook etc pm me if you need more help, all the best
    just checked out you website saw your fan page looks good and active
    you re website however needs to have a email capture box this is where you would use your newsletter to get regular visitors and subscribers this is where you build trust with your clients as most wont buy first time they visit coming back you can send emails or a newsletter about specials like valentines day whatever or just tips and thing this is what we call building a list of subscribers and the money is in the list an that is the end of be all build a list if you don’t have this you are wasting potential sales further down the track, you off to a great start though well done

T j Turner
    Up
    Dan Fisher, post: 158319 wrote:
    hi TJ
    social proof is what you need start a Facebook fan page and like everyone you can find in your niche health and beauty,
    get in pinterest this just as powerful as Facebook and average user earn 100k means they like to spend money
    start a twitter account.
    search for forums and blogs in your niche ask if they can post an add or comment and have a link to youre website in the signature
    get an image or banner made from fiverr .com pay one of these blogs or websites put your banner on ther site,
    post ads on craigs list, and other classifed ads google them
    create an affiliate offer for other peolpe to promote you website for a commission on sales Australian affiliate market is commission junction,
    create some videos demos of your products or get testimonial videos made for you on fiver submit them to video marketing sites like utube etc
    go to market’s try find some celebrities and offer free products for
    online press releases,
    your newsletter is it online? it should be send it more often
    and that’s just a start my friend start with a fan page at least pick things you enjoy doing and do them consistently hop ethat helps abit
    i actually sell video tutorial products for this sort of thing branding , mastering twitter,Facebook etc pm me if you need more help, all the best
    just checked out you website saw your fan page looks good and active
    you re website however needs to have a email capture box this is where you would use your newsletter to get regular visitors and subscribers this is where you build trust with your clients as most wont buy first time they visit coming back you can send emails or a newsletter about specials like valentines day whatever or just tips and thing this is what we call building a list of subscribers and the money is in the list an that is the end of be all build a list if you don’t have this you are wasting potential sales further down the track, you off to a great start though well done

Thankyou for all your help with this Dan. How often would be best to do the newsletter. I do send samples out with customer’s orders and I also have a blog. I only started the website in January this year as it is a new business for me and I am still learning. I have a few specials on that is coming up through out the year and also have a newsletter subscription that they can sign up through either through my Facebook page or my website

Tanja

YOSM1
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

I would suggest that doing a newsletter at least 1 per month (preferrably more often) would be more effective. People have subscribed for a reason, they want to hear from you!

Also, are you doing anything on Google +?

Emma.

T j Turner
    Up
    YOSM1, post: 159872 wrote:
    I would suggest that doing a newsletter at least 1 per month (preferrably more often) would be more effective. People have subscribed for a reason, they want to hear from you!

Also, are you doing anything on Google +?

Emma.

yes I am on google + but haven’t been on there fora while

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    T j Turner, post: 158308 wrote:

HI Tanja

I have several small businesses who make their own products, and securing online sales is more difficult than people make think.

here are some suggestions for you —

1. who is your target audience? I see that you have a range for exzema etc. sufferers. So consider who else might target this audience, than have complementary products? Contact them and see what you can do together.

2. have a big opt-in box on your website. 97% of the traffic won’t buy the first time around. So you need to capture them on your email list, and then woo them.

3. start looking at local markets and events where your potential customers might go to. And then make sure that your focussed on driving business back through your website (rather than going for lots of sales on the day). The difference is significant!

4. come to my ‘how to get sales through your website secret ingrediants bootcamp’! There are 5 ingredients that will make a difference tomorrow, and the course focusses on conversion. Zip over to my website and join the newsletter and I’ll be sending out details soon.

5. You’ve got way too many choices on your menu — this will be covered in the course. But in the meantime, read ‘Too Much Jam’ on my blog. And the other content I have there is all sales-related and all free for you.

Let me know what you think of these comments? I’m happy to help.

Jenny

JoshG
    • Total posts: 110
    Up
    T j Turner, post: 162125 wrote:
    yes I am on google + but haven’t been on there fora while

It doesn’t seem like anyone has touched on SEO, so here are my 2c!

How have you been going with traffic from Google, are you getting much? I notice you’ve had it going since January so do you have any data from tools like Google Analytics or Google Webmaster Tools?

I had a quick look at the website and it doesn’t seem well set up for SEO. You’re using Zen Cart which is not well known for its SEO-friendliness, but I did find a blog post that could help you: http://www.shopping-cart-diagnostics.com/blog/top-zen-cart-seo-tips-how-to-improve-your-rankings/ (I’ve never heard of that site so I can’t vouch for its accuracy).

A few quick points to consider:

– The meta descriptions on your page are just keywords when they should be something reader-friendly because it’s the text that gets shown to people who are searching for what you offer (you want text that makes them want to visit);
    – I’m not sure which template you’re using but it’s a very big one which is hurting site loading times and therefore making Google and other search engines less likely to rank you well;
    – Have you done any keyword research to try to identify which keywords might be successful for you? I haven’t so I can’t advise on this bit but it’s something to look at.

Of course, at the end of the day it can take a lot of time to see the results you’re looking for so try not to be too disheartened at this stage!

T j Turner
    Up

I won’t be using zencart as my online store in the coming months. I am in the middle of setting up a new website to test it out before I move from zencart

T j Turner
    Up
    Jenny Spring, post: 162135 wrote:
    HI Tanja

I have several small businesses who make their own products, and securing online sales is more difficult than people make think.

here are some suggestions for you —

1. who is your target audience? I see that you have a range for exzema etc. sufferers. So consider who else might target this audience, than have complementary products? Contact them and see what you can do together.

2. have a big opt-in box on your website. 97% of the traffic won’t buy the first time around. So you need to capture them on your email list, and then woo them.

3. start looking at local markets and events where your potential customers might go to. And then make sure that your focussed on driving business back through your website (rather than going for lots of sales on the day). The difference is significant!

4. come to my ‘how to get sales through your website secret ingrediants bootcamp’! There are 5 ingredients that will make a difference tomorrow, and the course focusses on conversion. Zip over to my website and join the newsletter and I’ll be sending out details soon.

5. You’ve got way too many choices on your menu — this will be covered in the course. But in the meantime, read ‘Too Much Jam’ on my blog. And the other content I have there is all sales-related and all free for you.

Let me know what you think of these comments? I’m happy to help.

Jenny

Thanks for the help Jenny will check your website out. i am in the middle of setting up a new website which I will be testing out over the coming months

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    T j Turner, post: 162139 wrote:
    Thanks for the help Jenny will check your website out. i am in the middle of setting up a new website which I will be testing out over the coming months

good luck with that!

jenny

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.